Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moruga growing up rite

Posted by pepperdave none7 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 13:05

Out of 50 Chocolate Moruga Scorpions Im growing One is putting out up rite pods . Ive seen this on the forum before and there seemed to be interest in this.So here is a picture.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moruga growing up rite

Upright? You sure it just hasn't been real windy there?

o

I have 50 and every other one is growing like I expected This plant is shorter and has set a number of pods all growing this way.The peppers look the same just up rite. The thing is it seams only one pepper sets at each flowering point compared to 2 or 3 on the other plants. Although being very interesting it seams production is much less then my other Morugas. Its still early so time will tell. Im going to isolate it and save seed so come fall I can share seed and maybe we can all work on this one.

o

It is probably some sort a hybrid. Pods could also grow upright temporally and eventually downturn. A similar Trinidad that grows like that could be the Trinidad Sunrise, but if the seeds came from the same supplier, it is probably unlikely.
I remember that thread. It turned out to be a Trinidad Perfume . I do not believe that to be the case here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here