Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help identify

Posted by MsPeppaJo 7a (MsPeppaJo@gmail.com) on
Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 13:50

Can anyone help identify this pepper? It started out as purple. There is a previous pic in a previous post asking for help. On my member page I did list the peppers that I planted. I think my boys pulled some of my identifiers because they were mad at me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help identify

• Posted by djoy 5-6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 16:20

Bulgarian Carrot?

o

The leaves were purple?

By the grow list on your member page, do you mean your trade list? I can never seem to figure out how GW plumbs their member features. (e.g. Clippings just don't want to work for me - they disappear).

Dennis

o

No actually the pods were... See June 11 for previous pic.

o

Could be NagaBon.

Rick

NagaBon photo NagaBon_zps125db01a.jpg

o

No got my nagabon identified...these are longer

o

This is the first fully ripe one I picked off. It is actually the smallest one on the plant. There is no uniform size - they range from this 2 " pod to I would say a 4 to 5 " pod. The wavy form on the skin does seem to be common on all pods. Can anyone think of what pepper this might be?

o

These are what came up identified as my Nagabon Dorsets. Do they look like they are Nagabons? They are skinny compared to the photo above.

o

Jo, the bottom picture looks like ripe Aji Crystal but it is not on your list. The 1st picture I cannot identify.

o

No, I have Aji Cystal but did not plant any this year. Unless someone sent something that was marked wrong.

o

Nope... that did not happen. That "someone" seperates seeds 1 package at a time. :)

o

I was checking again at what I had...could either of these be Datil peppers?

o

This is the latest....this is what I said earlier I think...there is no specific size or look that this pepper adheres to. I have not tried it for hotness...unfortunately I can't handle HOT peppers!!! It's the guys in my family that do that!!!! I just love growing them!!!! Lol!!! I will have to get my hubby to try it later when he gets home for hotness. Any ideas yet ?

o

This is the latest....this is what I said earlier I think...there is no specific size or look that this pepper adheres to. I have not tried it for hotness...unfortunately I can't handle HOT peppers!!! It's the guys in my family that do that!!!! I just love growing them!!!! Lol!!! I will have to get my hubby to try it later when he gets home for hotness. Any ideas yet ?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here