Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bill_missy

Picture Thread Part III

Bill_Missy
10 years ago

Well,

I thought it about time to start another picture thread since the last two showed some awesome pepper plants/pods. Lets see what the past couple months has brought to all the growers here.

This pic is of a Red Bhut. I love the multiple colors at once on the plant.

Bill

Comments (25)

• Bill_Missy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Close up of the same plant. Thank you for the seeds Scorpion_John.

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    10 years ago

I can tell that the dog in the back ground is just waiting for you to get done filming and leave so that he can tip over the container and thrash the plant. That is what my dog would do. He doesn't like it when my pepper plants get more attention than he does.

Great looking pods. What does the entire plant look like. It looks awfully bare down low by those ripening pods.
    Bruce

• Bill_Missy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Bruce,

The damn dog is a "Photo Bomber". She loves being in pictures. She knows that I am not taking a picture of her, so she sneaks in. Even in this picture...

This plant has never had a lot of leaves on it. I have done no trimming except a burn leaf here and there. It is in 5-1-1.

Bill

• DMForcier
    10 years ago

Nice looking plant. Mine lost most of their lower leaves too, save for one that apparently had a sick main stem and shot out a half dozen side branches. Hard to tell it's a BJ except for the pods and the label.

Good thing about peppers is that our pets don't like to eat the parts that we like to eat.

Dennis

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    10 years ago

Wow nice pods, I can't believe that you have all these plants with nice pods and ripening pods this soon in the season especially the super hots. Ghost look great and nice pepper guard dog, seems to hang around them in the pics. Great job on your pepper season.

Mark

• tony469
    10 years ago

Those are some mean looking peppers..got milk

• Bill_Missy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone...

This is today's harvest. Know what do I do with them all? lol.

Bill

• Bill_Missy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Red Devils Tongue

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    10 years ago

Bhut plant 1 and 2 look more like Naga, Bhut 3 are true Bhuts. What to do with them all?

Hot sauce, dry for powder/flakes

How many have you eaten raw so far?

Mark

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    10 years ago

I agree with Habajolokia on the first two bhuts. I also think the second TS Butch-T might be off. A few more pods will let you know for sure. Never the less, great plants and plenty of heat no matter what variety they are. Good luck finding uses for them all.
    Bruce

• teyo
    10 years ago

didn't want to open a new topic just for this, i do have a bunch of pods ripening slowly but hell, i'm finding the plants more interesting at this point :D i haven't updated here in a while, but i see other friends here doing more than well :)

so here is my bunch, they have a tarp under them because i pour water in there which then evaporates. i have found a very nice feature of the bark media in that it doesn't pull up water through capillary action much. which allows me to keep the pots swimming in a cm or two of water, they are loving it :)

this should be a douglah that is doing fine

this i think is a brown hab, living in a 3 l pot. most of mine live in small pots, with only a couple in 15 l, and a few in construction bags :D oh,and i have one living in the best and cheapest air pot ever, a mesh laundry bag :D

• romy6
    10 years ago

Douglah

Yellow primo

Reaper

couple recent harvests

And a Orange Primo Not. Very cool looking but not what it was supposed to be. Why I never buy seeds:)

• Bill_Missy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Very nice looking plants and pods guys. Very nice....

Teyo, I like the tarp idea.

I cant wait to get half of the harvest you get Romy6

Bill

• peppernovice
    10 years ago

Jamie....What do you think that last pepper is? A cross maybe? How was the heat? It's definitely an interesting looking pepper.

Tim

• romy6
    10 years ago

Thanks Bill. I am sure your harvests will be just as nice come august september.
    Tim, I got the seeds from a fellow chilihead who bought them from a seed vendor semillias. He did state that it was not stable so nobody was lied too. It is a very cool pepper. Was from a red primo plant that ripened orange. Does not have the typical pimply surface of a primo. Looks more like a yellow cari scorp but the insides are full of placenta and much hotter than a yellow scorp. A great pepper and I will be sure to save seeds and spread if you want any.

• peps22
    10 years ago

As an urban gardener myself, who is always constrained to container growing, I am dumbfounded how you have been able to have such a big, flush, healthy looking plant in such a small pot. They look incredible. I am zone 6a-7b (boston).

• peppernovice
    10 years ago

You know me too well. I love growing as much variety as possible. I also love the hot/crazy/ non-traditional stuff. Just hope I can return the favor sometime.

Tim

• teyo
    10 years ago

Romy that single harvest would be enough for me :D
    amazing variety and healthy fruits, just beautiful.
    and the last one looks awesome, i also buy from semillas, this year i had one variety not turn out as it should, an anuum though so not so exciting. i would love to trade/buy for some of those seeds, especially if the plant is vigorous and fertile.

peps22, i am going to selfishly assume you are talking about my plants? you'll hear everyone parrotting a min 5 gallons for peppers, but i doubt many people actually gave it a shot growing in smaller pots and tested the theory. the key is growing media that doesn't degrade (mine is pine bark and expanded clay) and feeding both foliar and root. it is actually a semi hydroponics system,especially this one i have constructed.
    i'm in zone 7b/8a, europe, with a climate that has quite low air humidity for peppers most of the time, hence the "pool" works even better.

• jifjifjif
    10 years ago

mmmmmm

• jifjifjif
    10 years ago

mmmmmm

• jifjifjif
    10 years ago

Again, mmmmm

• jifjifjif
    10 years ago

Sinister, No?

• jifjifjif
    10 years ago

Pepperville. Installing A Patio Very Soon For Full Sun For Everyone.

My Heiny Is Worried. ( * )

• jifjifjif
    10 years ago

Black Pots Are 3 Gallon. Red Ones Are 1.5.

• peppernovice
    10 years ago

Looking good! I finally have a douglah showing the slightest signs of color. It's so nice to go outside and see something other than green.

Tim

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio