Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tropicalchallange13

all kinds of problem with my peppers

I live on the dry hot side of Maui. I have many kinds of pepper plants. Or at least I'm trying to have many types. Every plant seams to be suffering slightly different problems. One looked like it had a nematode or board mite problem. Since it was big I chopped all it branches off and it's growing back but not big leaves like originally it had....maybe I just need to wait? Another one same type of pepper only 18 inches away from the other pepper, the peppesr are knobby, and now the leaves are yellowing and dying. I am considering over watering so I stabbed a water gauge and it's dry for 3 inches then close to 6 inches down it's at a 3 wetness which by this gauge is good for pepper. So on days I don't water in this hot place they look sad. I did test my NPK and I'm VERY low on nitrogen so a week ago I added fertilizer, and epsom salt, but I'm not seeing any changes. Since I live on Maui we have a lot of bugs. White fly is a constant problem, aphids, mites(can't see them). For a while I was spraying neem oil (could I have burned the leaves? I did it only at night. No I have moved on to a chili pepper/garlic/soap and a little neem mixture with mostly water. My jalapenos and my new green bell seam to be growing VERY slowly and have a lot of texture to the leaves, and the bell has upturning leaves and seams to have stopped growing? HELP

Sponsored