Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homefry319

Cloning Bhuts(or any pepper)

homefry319
11 years ago

A few people ask so.....

This won't be 100% as I didn't document it when doing it last winter.

Also note I took the cuttings for my successful clones after the plant had gone dormant and wasn't flowering

**All photos were taken today

lets start with my mother plant which is 26 months old, its looks small because well I almost killed it bringing it outside this year

{{gwi:1191224}}

You want to take as many cuttings from the bottom part of the plant, which I normally pull off for ascetics

{{gwi:1191228}}

now I cut all but 2-3 leaves off and then I half them, use a CLEAN(brand new) razor blade you don't want to contaminate anything here, I also cut the bottom at a 45 degree angle and then I slide a bit of the side off

{{gwi:1191230}}

Then I let in sit in my rooting compound for 10 minutes, I use clonex here but Ive been successful with both powder and gels

{{gwi:1191232}}

Then it goes in a thing of perlite, Ive also cloned it in dirt only as well, Im using a 72 cell container here, but it can be done in other containers.

{{gwi:1191234}}

then last it goes in a tray with on a heat pad, bottom heat is crucial every time I've tired it without its been 100% failure, pour a little bit of water in the bottom and place a dome over it and walk away, leaves WILL fall off don't worry as long as you don't have damp off, rot or death, it hasn't failed

now for maintenance keep a spray bottle handy and mist every few days I add a drop of super thrive or other nuts but be careful not to add to many, keep it under lights 18-24 hours a day

so now thats done we've seen my mother heres one of my clones the other 2 have smaller peppers

{{gwi:1191241}}

now Im pretty sure I got shafted on my seed this year but I think I still did get 1 bhut out of it so heres something to compare

Comments (10)

Sponsored