Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
insects in flowers

Posted by steven1032 none (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 3, 12 at 16:13

there are insects that look like very tiny miniture ants. they dont bite and move too fast for aphids. any one have a clue.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: insects in flowers

Could we get more of a discription and a possible pic. Do they look exactly like ants or are they a different shape? How many legs and do they have wings?

o

they do look exactly like ants. finally realized they were ants and turned the leaf over and turns out there are aphids on the plant. never had these problems until i tried the shade cloth thing first time this summer. i have had a whole slew of problems i have never had before.
dummy me for not looking.
i have had aphids, powdery mildew, flea beetles. i dont know how people handle all these problems who live in the north with all the cool weather. when the heat hits here it hits and the problems seem to fade. thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

o

• Posted by robeb Kansas City area (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 3, 12 at 20:39

never had these problems until i tried the shade cloth thing first time this summer

Shade cloth over your plants shouldn't increase the aphid population. They do just fine when it's hot, humid and sunny.

I've had them here throughout weeks of 90+ degree weather.

o

I don't mind ants but aphids are a pain.

Just for fun, here's a couple of shots of an ant on a Chinese 5 Color flower... no aphids in sight.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here