Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jalapeno?

Posted by bobbyhall none (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 27, 12 at 16:16

I planted these seeds from the package and I noticed a few plants that were growing peppers that look like bell peppers? Any Ideas what these could be? Was there a mix up in the package? I have no other pepper plants growing so no cross breeding I think...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jalapeno?

Yes, probably a mix-up in the package. It happens.

o

Why does make me think of the second Ice Age movie, where the girl mammoth thinks she's a possum ?

o

Crossbreeding(pollination) occurs in subsequent generations, bobby.

Yes. That looks like a bell. That's 2 different plants though, right? Because the other fruit look like jalapenos.

o

• Posted by t-bob west wa (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 12:20

it looks pretty obvious to me that you have at least one bell and at least one jalapeno plant......if that isn't two separate plants, then it is some weird throw back that is putting out either---bellapenos or jalabells (both of which are names i just made up) if it is one plant, then you might be lucky enough to get peppers like beaver dams.....starts out sweet but then has a nice heat swoop into the background. keep us updated...let us know
bob

o

I have about 20 plants total and two of the plants are growing these bell peppers.. no bell pepper and jalapeno mix on same plant! I have a huge pot and planted about 6 plnats in the same container. They were from Ferry-Morse seeds. so strange I have two bell plants.

Guess Ferry-Morse needs better quality control at their factory! :)

o

My first pickins.....including the darn mixed seed pack from ferry-morse... of my home state of KY!! I live in Tirana Albania BTW...good Mediterranean growing climate.. I emailed them about the mixed seeds and haven't received a response..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here