Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Folded, drooping leaves

Posted by minami 10 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 17, 13 at 16:30

All my shishito plants are doing well, except for this one, which has leaves that are folding and drooping. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Folded, drooping leaves

For reference, this is a picture of one of the healthy plants, notice no wilting leaves or leaves folding in half.

o
RE: Folded, drooping leaves

Even the first plant looks ok, they just do that sometimes, might be too early to tell. And like people, individual plants have their own tolerances.

My guess is the conditions are different for the first plant, slightly more water (rain drainage path etc), different nutrient amount, more heat bouncing off that wall in that spot. Could be something with it's roots too. Could just be the pic quality but a couple of the bottom leaves do look yellow.

Not a big cause for concern imho, just maintain the water balance...meaning water it consistently, but allow for a little dry time too, peppers don't like having their feet wet all the time (and mulch keeps the soil moist a lot longer).

This post was edited by sjetski on Thu, Jul 18, 13 at 8:11

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here