Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Orange Habs that dont look like Orange Habs

Posted by RonnyB123 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 29, 14 at 17:02

Not what I'm use to seeing from Orange Habs.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Orange Habs that dont look like Orange Habs

Red Monkey chili pepper that turned orange.

o

Ronny - Several years age I had Habs that were the same color as your 1st picture. I got them from Peppermania and they were called Pastel Habs.
John A

o

• Posted by djoy 5-6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 30, 14 at 16:59

Looks like they got a little peter pepper in em?

dj

o

I cut them open to save seeds and I noticed it is mostly Placenta in there. The seeds hidden under it all. They seemed hotter than normal, but not super hot. Its those tails and rounded look that threw me. Usually they look like the picture.

I am not sure these are a hybrid or not, but they certainly do not look like the orange habs I have seen before.

Maybe they are Harold St Barts habs?

This post was edited by RonnyB123 on Wed, Jul 30, 14 at 17:59

o

They actually look like the Bonnie Plants "World's Hottest Hab" I bought this year, thinking I was getting their yellow fatalii. (I'll address that in a new thread - others are having the same experience.)

They are quite hot, relatively few seeds, nicely meaty, and have a wonderful odor and flavor.

I don't know what they are.

Dennis

o

I had a couple of plants produce habaneros that color last year. It passed and they looked like perfectly normal habaneros in the second harvest. I overwintered those two plants and they are producing normal looking orange habs now as well.

There is also a variety called a peach habanero that has a similar color.

I don't recall any difference in the interior of the plant. But to me, the only really strange thing about the ones in your photo is their shape. As has already been noted, they look a little like Peter peppers. :)

Angie

o

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 14:49

Hmmmm, those have the texture of an orange hab but are more shaped like a trinidad scorpion Butch T.
Bruce

o

Ronny - I remember my Pastel Habs looking exactly like your July 30 photo.
John A

o

Bruce,

That's what I thought too. They were pretty hot too, but not that hot. Too bad it didn't turn out to be a smooth skinned Butch T.

John,
Pastel habs sound cool. Maybe they are close to the Peach Hab color?
This is really orange. It got more orange as I let it sit. The cheap camera takes away some color. I need to find myself a good HD camera.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here