Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ronnyb123

Orange Habs that dont look like Orange Habs

ronnyb123
9 years ago

Not what I'm use to seeing from Orange Habs.

Comments (9)

• ronnyb123
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Red Monkey chili pepper that turned orange.

• John A
    9 years ago

Ronny - Several years age I had Habs that were the same color as your 1st picture. I got them from Peppermania and they were called Pastel Habs.
    John A

• djoyofficial
    9 years ago

Looks like they got a little peter pepper in em?

dj

• ronnyb123
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I cut them open to save seeds and I noticed it is mostly Placenta in there. The seeds hidden under it all. They seemed hotter than normal, but not super hot. Its those tails and rounded look that threw me. Usually they look like the picture.

I am not sure these are a hybrid or not, but they certainly do not look like the orange habs I have seen before.

Maybe they are Harold St Barts habs?

This post was edited by RonnyB123 on Wed, Jul 30, 14 at 17:59

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

They actually look like the Bonnie Plants "World's Hottest Hab" I bought this year, thinking I was getting their yellow fatalii. (I'll address that in a new thread - others are having the same experience.)

They are quite hot, relatively few seeds, nicely meaty, and have a wonderful odor and flavor.

I don't know what they are.

Dennis

• HotHabaneroLady
    9 years ago

I had a couple of plants produce habaneros that color last year. It passed and they looked like perfectly normal habaneros in the second harvest. I overwintered those two plants and they are producing normal looking orange habs now as well.

There is also a variety called a peach habanero that has a similar color.

I don't recall any difference in the interior of the plant. But to me, the only really strange thing about the ones in your photo is their shape. As has already been noted, they look a little like Peter peppers. :)

Angie

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    9 years ago

Hmmmm, those have the texture of an orange hab but are more shaped like a trinidad scorpion Butch T.
    Bruce

• John A
    9 years ago

Ronny - I remember my Pastel Habs looking exactly like your July 30 photo.
    John A

• ronnyb123
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Bruce,

That's what I thought too. They were pretty hot too, but not that hot. Too bad it didn't turn out to be a smooth skinned Butch T.

John,
    Pastel habs sound cool. Maybe they are close to the Peach Hab color?
    This is really orange. It got more orange as I let it sit. The cheap camera takes away some color. I need to find myself a good HD camera.

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner