Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brown spots on leaves

Posted by Alfred9 none (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 18, 11 at 17:08

I've been having problems with my pepper plants which seemed to be infected by mites. I used an organic pesticide of neem oil, garlic, dish soap and hot pepper. This brought back the plants however they now are presenting brown spots on their leaves. Can someone help me with this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brown spots on leaves

Neem and soap will leave a coating on the leaves that can burn if the sun is too intense.
When I use Neem or other soap treatments, I do so at night and I rinse the following morning
before the sun hits the leaves.

Can you describe your technique?

Josh

o
RE: Brown spots on leaves

Hi Josh thanks for your advise. I do spray them during the afternoon when they are not exposed to the sun, however I do not rinse them next morning and the sun here in Puerto Rico now is at it fullness.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here