Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
justaddcoffee_gw

Is this sunburn or something serious?

JustAddCoffee
9 years ago

Okay, so I've been looking around for a while to find some clear images of sunburn on peppers with minimal luck, but I did find a few here so I figured I would post my own pics and clear up this drama.

I have black streaks appearing on several varieties of peppers (hot and not) and in some joints of the plants. Does the plant sunburn as well? Also, is sunburn something I need to prevent or just don't worry about? Should I be rotating the containers to change the sun exposure profile? Is this a response to direct sun exposure? Because Red Bull pepper showing the most discoloration is actually on the shaded side of the plant.

Thank you for any guidance. I've been growing pepper for about five or six years now, and this is the first time I've seen this much discoloration across so many plant so I started worrying that it might really be a fungus in the soil or something serious.

(tech specs: Northern California, typical warm, dry summer, all plants are in Earth Boxes and appear very healthy otherwise, lots of flowers, lots of fruit, healthy leaves, use some light duty organic fertilizer (low nitrogen at this point))

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia