Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Harvest pic

Posted by peppernovice 7 b (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 19:05

I harvested these peppers about 3 days ago. I'm still working on what to do with them all. Included are:
Carolina Reaper, Caramel Ghost, Black Naga, SB7J, MOA Scotch Bonnet, Bhut Orange Copenhagen, 7 Pot Madballz, Red Habanero, Orange Habanero, Yucatan White Habanero, Bonda Ma Jacques, Jamaican Hot Chocolate and 7 Pot Infinity.

Tim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Harvest pic

Very nice! That's a lot of heat!

o

Looks like you have your work cut out! Will you be saving seed for the white habanero?

o

I'm not big on the white hab. It has good heat and flavor, but you get into the seeds on the first bite. I'll probably save seeds, but won't be growing again any time soon.

Tim

o

You got the pepper growing down to an art.Nice peppers Tim.15 differ heat levels, you got a lot of heat right there.

o

I I was thinking about trying the bhut orange copenhagen next year. What's your review on it?

o

It's a good looking pepper with a good bit of heat. It's strange because it almost looks like a ghost crossed with an Orange habanero. The plant resembles my orange hab plant. Great pepper though. I will grow it again.

Tim

o

Very nice haul Tim!

You like making videos... I vote for you making one with you eating a raw one of each variety in one sitting. ;)

Kevin

o

Super sweet peppers Tim!

o

looking good man. lots of color.

o

Amazing Tim!!! That's quite the harvest. I too grew the white Hab last year, very tiny pods, so many on the plant but too much work to process and probably will not grow again.

I did cross a Bhut with a white Hab and this is the result, smaller pods than the average ghost and the skin is smooth like a Hab. Can't comment on flavor yet but once they ripen I will be able to. If the flavor is good and you are interested in seeds let me know.

Mark

This post was edited by habjolokia on Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 7:48

o

Tim I haven't pulled my first pod and you've pulled a bushel. Nice pull and keep up the good work,

o

Wow! Inspiring for those of us just getting started with super hots for sure. :)

Hey, is there a recipe thread anywhere? My table full of peppers isn't as exciting as Tim's but I'm looking for some new ideas.

o

Tim -

Fabulous harvest you have there!!

I might have to sweet talk you this fall for a trade, for a few Caramel Ghost and Black Naga seeds.

Keep sharing your photo's and your videos. They are great!

Let us know what you end up making with your pods. You'd get some nice sauce in a variety of colors and heat.

Sandy

o

Great harvest!

o

Haha I was so excited and proud of my harvest yesterday. I logged on to post a picture and show everyone, and I saw this. I went back to my garden with my tail between my legs lol.

o

You guys are too kind. Thank you so much for all the compliments. I'm merely the care taker, the good Lord provides the harvest. I'll have plenty of seeds, you guys just let me know what you want. I've already make a couple batches of spicy strawberry jelly, and I'm working on powder now. Please post all your pics. You don't have to have a hundred pods to be proud of your hard work.

Tim

o

Nice Haul I am not a fan of white habs either

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here