Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peppernovice

Harvest pic

peppernovice
9 years ago

I harvested these peppers about 3 days ago. I'm still working on what to do with them all. Included are:
Carolina Reaper, Caramel Ghost, Black Naga, SB7J, MOA Scotch Bonnet, Bhut Orange Copenhagen, 7 Pot Madballz, Red Habanero, Orange Habanero, Yucatan White Habanero, Bonda Ma Jacques, Jamaican Hot Chocolate and 7 Pot Infinity.

Tim

Comments (17)

• scott123456
    9 years ago

Very nice! That's a lot of heat!

• avidgardener25
    9 years ago

Looks like you have your work cut out! Will you be saving seed for the white habanero?

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm not big on the white hab. It has good heat and flavor, but you get into the seeds on the first bite. I'll probably save seeds, but won't be growing again any time soon.

Tim

• scorion1
    9 years ago

You got the pepper growing down to an art.Nice peppers Tim.15 differ heat levels, you got a lot of heat right there.

• avidgardener25
    9 years ago

I I was thinking about trying the bhut orange copenhagen next year. What's your review on it?

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It's a good looking pepper with a good bit of heat. It's strange because it almost looks like a ghost crossed with an Orange habanero. The plant resembles my orange hab plant. Great pepper though. I will grow it again.

Tim

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    9 years ago

Very nice haul Tim!

You like making videos... I vote for you making one with you eating a raw one of each variety in one sitting. ;)

Kevin

• tom_92
    9 years ago

Super sweet peppers Tim!

• judo_and_peppers
    9 years ago

looking good man. lots of color.

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    9 years ago

Amazing Tim!!! That's quite the harvest. I too grew the white Hab last year, very tiny pods, so many on the plant but too much work to process and probably will not grow again.

I did cross a Bhut with a white Hab and this is the result, smaller pods than the average ghost and the skin is smooth like a Hab. Can't comment on flavor yet but once they ripen I will be able to. If the flavor is good and you are interested in seeds let me know.

Mark

This post was edited by habjolokia on Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 7:48

• lexxluthor
    9 years ago

Tim I haven't pulled my first pod and you've pulled a bushel. Nice pull and keep up the good work,

• vedabeeps
    9 years ago

Wow! Inspiring for those of us just getting started with super hots for sure. :)

Hey, is there a recipe thread anywhere? My table full of peppers isn't as exciting as Tim's but I'm looking for some new ideas.

• sandysgardens
    9 years ago

Tim -

Fabulous harvest you have there!!

I might have to sweet talk you this fall for a trade, for a few Caramel Ghost and Black Naga seeds.

Keep sharing your photo's and your videos. They are great!

Let us know what you end up making with your pods. You'd get some nice sauce in a variety of colors and heat.

Sandy

• northeast_chileman
    9 years ago

Great harvest!

• scott123456
    9 years ago

Haha I was so excited and proud of my harvest yesterday. I logged on to post a picture and show everyone, and I saw this. I went back to my garden with my tail between my legs lol.

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You guys are too kind. Thank you so much for all the compliments. I'm merely the care taker, the good Lord provides the harvest. I'll have plenty of seeds, you guys just let me know what you want. I've already make a couple batches of spicy strawberry jelly, and I'm working on powder now. Please post all your pics. You don't have to have a hundred pods to be proud of your hard work.

Tim

• PepperPoor
    9 years ago

Nice Haul I am not a fan of white habs either

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz