Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Left out overnight and forgot!

Posted by stoneys_fatali 9b Duarte,CA (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 4, 14 at 19:14

I've been slowly hardening off this plant (Hungarian pumpkin pepper) for the past four days gradually and intended to put it out for about an hour last night with calm winds but I forgot to bring him in! I got up this morning to bring him in before the morning direct sun hit it.
Looks okay. It only got down to 65 overnight.

Stoney

photo 20140626_150149_zps8sxftlx3.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Left out overnight and forgot!

He looks okey Stoney. I have a bunch in the same position and I leave them outsude every night. I believe mine are hardoned off though.

o

Thanks! I believe this one is very near hardened. I want to give it a couple more days of partial shade, sun, then maybe an other overnighter than get him into a container by end of next week.

Stoney

o

Sounds like a good plan.

FWIW, I hardened off a set of super hots in 4 days last month, then a week later set out 8 super sweets and never brought them back in. All are thriving. Temps 70 - 95 and up.

o

This one can proly go out now but a couple more days wouldn't hurt.
It's going into a 10 gallon container.
I hear they get pretty good size with lots of small pumpkin size pods!

Stoney

o

65F? severe ?
Give me a break ! So far this season our night lows have been under 57F. And many many nights in high 40s.

o

He's already out overnight!
Mid-morning too!

http://www.duarteweather.com/forecast/

Stoney

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here