Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pyrocreation

Summer peppers (pictures)+ a question.

pyrocreation
14 years ago

Started these babies out when I was still in the dorms at school. Some of you might remember a previous post by me showing them growing so I thought I would give an update.

Here is all of them so far.

The Cayenne grown from seeds ordered from Chili Seed Company

One of my two rapidly growing nagas:

Picture of Hab #1's latest harvest (equal amount on second one!!)

Naga going red

This little pepper was in the care of a friend who did not feed it and had it in a pot roughly the size of a 1 cup measurement, it had 5 leaves on it that were so yellow i thought it was dead and a few small peppers. 1 week after repotting it..it now looks like this!

I managed to find a 3-plug AeroGarden for only 20 bucks and have been using it to clone my naga plants...plus the light helps the small pepper I started next to it in the pot.

Finally, a quick question..this is a close up of some of my cayenne leaves...does anyone know whats wrong with it? Its only a few of the leaves.

Comments (11)

• chillilover
    14 years ago

Are those Nagas and orange habs from the seeds I sent?

• pyrocreation
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The Habs are, the nagas are from a seed company.

While You did send me nagas, habs, red savainas and C.Reds. The Naga and Savanas you sent didn't sprout for me, maybe because I used peat pots, the cracks from shipping damage or because I couldn't keep a stable temp on them in a dorm room. The C. reds you sent are currently growing in a small pot along the house but they really arent special at the moment since I started them really late.

Thanks again for the hab seeds tho!

• chillilover
    14 years ago

Thats an insane amount of orange habs. Looks like they turned out great for ya! Glad to see. Take care.

• pyrocreation
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yea, they keep setting fruit at a rapid rate (both habs and the naga) I literally have cut 3 big harvests off the habs already this year that I have given away to local people.

• fmalmgren
    14 years ago

Very Nice! This is impressive. What's your secret? I showed my wife your Habanero pics and she was blown away.

/Fred

• pyrocreation
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Those Habs really have nothing special about them..started them indoors during the winter so they had some flowers on them when i put them outside in their new pots (didnt properly harden them off and they lost most of their leaves tho...)

They are sitting in fairly large pots with miracle gro potting soil with about a 1/2 cup of plant tone mixed into the soil and watered well.

They get the directed amount of plant tone each month (see bag) and 1/2 strength miracle gro about every 1-2 months as I feel it necessary, although on a different week than the plant tone.

Plant tone can be picked up from any store with a garden department, it is pretty cheap and it works wonders.

• nuwanda
    14 years ago

Hi, Pyro

Nice healthy plants. I've come to conclusion that the bigger the pot, the better the growth. I discovered that last year and will be getting even bigger posts for this year (I'm in NZ).

• pyrocreation
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yea nuwanda I agree, I always try to use the biggest pots possible for my peppers.

• pyrocreation
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Update and new pictures coming soon guys, got another large harvest from the habs and all my nagas are going (or gone) red...now to find something to use them for...

• asclepchris
    14 years ago

How long are you keeping your habeneros on the vine to make them red in color? Where did you purchase you 3-plug aerogarden?

• pyrocreation
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Purchased it on wholesale from Meijer.

Tried to overwinter them this past year and it didn't go well at all. They all died in short order. Decided against doing much with this year, just a few indoor ornamentals and 2 outdoor plants (looking more like trees this year :-p ).

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm