Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncage

Bad garden for 3 years

ncage
10 years ago

When i first created my garden i had awesome results for 2-3 years. It seems every since it has done really bad (3-4 years). I try to take care of the soil as much as i can. I throw all fruit/vegetable ruffage on the top of the soil for compost. I till 12-12-12 into the soil every year. I also throw all my grass clippings on top of the garden (for a weed barrier and for compost). My father thinks its because i grow the same type of things every year. I rotate where i put my tomatoes & hot peppers but he thinks the take the same type of nutrients. He suggested to grow something else or wait 1-2 years to plant again (which i really don't want to do). What i grow and is what i really like is Hot peppers, Tomatoes, a few herbs, & a few sweet peppers. This year a few of my plants are doing ok but overall my garden is doing pretty bad. In the past few years i've blamed it on the weather but the weather this year has been pretty good. So i can't blame it on that. It just seem like nothing takes off that great. Here it is almost August and for example my jet star tomatoes are only about half way up their 6 foot cages and i don't even have one ripe tomato yet.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting