Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1st Naga Viper photos on the forum

Posted by PepperGuy222 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 13, 13 at 19:40

So with these vipers it was a long and tedious process and hey are VERY "precious" sort of like divas and everything must be perfect for them to thrive.

Here are the first photos, which I believe, of the Naga Viper on this forum. If anyone does grow them no one posts about the process.

Heres the first one, about a month into growing:
 photo 2_zpsb072ecec.jpg

And after that, heres the second photo, mind you the growing process took FOREVER!
 photo 5_zpsaf22dcc1.jpg

Next, I potted them up, theyre starting to really grow!
 photo kjlkhkjhkj_zpsb7a5369d.jpg

Now, I posted earlier, about them getting attacked and this is about when it happened, Caelian, thanks for keeping me calm along with others on here as they looked AWFUL!
 photo vipers_zps56fbf9d2.jpg

Now, I have a gap in pictures of growth, but here is my beautiful Naga Viper, honestly, its perfect.
 photo secondplant_zps1bd230ca.jpg

Here is plant number 2
 photo first_zps13810d4c.jpg

Here is a pic of both of them back to back!
 photo twoplants_zpsfab9625b.jpg

Took this yesterday, my firs pod and im not kidding on two plants, I have around 40 pods setting on each, and I have two juvenile plants that are getting huge now. I should harvest over 100+ Naga Vipers easy.
 photo naga_zpsad5f8f67.jpg

Let me know what you all think, If you've read my posts earlier you have known my troubles and my questions and I think ive come a long way, THANKS everyone!

This post was edited by PepperGuy222 on Sat, Jul 13, 13 at 19:48

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1st Naga Viper photos on the forum

Congratulations on successfully growing those beast. It's frustrating while it's happening, but once you have the end result, it's AWESOME. I hope those vipers live up to their name. If they do, I'll be in the market to do a trade. Please keep us posted. Good Luck!

Tim

o

Nice job and beautiful viper adults 222.. Yeah, keep us updated on the heat of this controversial superhot. I wanted to grow some myself until I read all the NON-hype.

Kevin

o

More pics coming soon of my other beauts!

o

Pepperguy, like Tim said, I would also be interested in trading seeds this fall. the viper is one of the few superhots I haven't got around to growing yet.

o

Pepperguy, like Tim said, I would also be interested in trading seeds this fall. the viper is one of the few superhots I haven't got around to growing yet.

o

Dang John! You know I can't compete with your stash. :)
I'll just have to hope he has enough for two.

Tim

o

Well, Tim has really helped me out in the past, not sure if he remembers earlier this year so no need to trade I feel like I owe him a little. But I'm not kidding I have over 40 pods setting in each plant, I'll have more than enough to give out

o

cool, i'm not worried just didn't get around to buying the viper in time for this year. and don't worry Tim, I've got you covered. this year I have about 90 varietys growing. haven't actually sat down and made a list yet. I've been meaning to. I have most of the superhots, minus some color variations, the whites, peaches, purples and so on you see advertised don't impress me much, but I buy all the chocolate varietys. like I said I got you guys covered, I sent out tons of seed last year, and will have many more varietys for everyone to choose from this year, John

o

Pepperguy - Nice looking plants and pod, Will be looking forward to your report on how your taste test goes when you sample that bad boy. Will you be making HOT Sauce with them or just snacking on them........

Again, great looking plants.

Sandy

o

Not only is John generous with his seed, they are very good seeds! Strong starters and growers.

PepperGuy, beautiful plants! I suspect they will get considerably bigger.

Can someone tell me the difference between Naga Morich and Viper? I've got a nice Morich in about the same shape as those above.

Dennis

o

DMF:

I could be wrong, but I believe the viper was SUPPOSED to be hotter. That was until the controversy.

Kevin

o

The reason I am growing the Viper is because it's the "black horse" of the pepper world. Being it WAS SUPPOSED to be the hottest but because of a little inconsistency it was shot down. So, I am giving it a try not to mention it was supposed to be a pepper in which is near impossible to grow from what I hear because of the volitility of the cross. In that aspect, I sort of want to replenish the name and also at the same time give everyone out there a little education on the germinating of it as well as how it grows because there isn't much out there. New pics coming today!

o

Hello fellow pepper lovers...LOL...I am a long time hot pepper lover but first time grower. I am currently growing Chocolate Jolokia's and Naga Vipers. My viper has lots of fruit dispite it's size but my poor skinny Jolokia has only two...LOL I will put up a couple pictures of my vipers on here but sorry for the quality it was at night , I will try to get some better shots tomorrow. Let me know what u think.....Thanks

o

A second pepper on same plant

o

And what pepper is that? To be honest, the viper plants, like I thought ARE very inconsistent in shape and really. Only about 5-7 pods out of 50+ look like true vipers. Here are some updates to my boys!

o

Like states before that picture above is a true naga viper in the sense it has characteristics of the peppers it was crossed with, without incorporating too much from one pepper. Now, towards the top of my plant here are what most look like, this is a bit crazy

o

Now there is a super prevalent tail on that bad boy, here are two growing next to each other, one looking different than the other. I don't want to believe it but the Naga Viper really is inconstant with pepper size and shape. None are ripe though so a heat test will be coming soon!

o

Those are some good looking pods. Strange how much difference there is on the same plant. I have a Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend that is doing the same thing. One pod looks exactly like you would expect, while the one beside it looks completely different. Crazy!

Tim

o

more ghosts

o

holy crap that's a lot of bhuts.

o

Oh wow....(I quietly look outside at my garden...and laugh in comparison)

o

Here is the 1st photo of my boys changing colors!

o

Hope they're as good as they look and its worth the wait!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here