Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pepperguy222

1st Naga Viper photos on the forum

PepperGuy222
10 years ago

So with these vipers it was a long and tedious process and hey are VERY "precious" sort of like divas and everything must be perfect for them to thrive.

Here are the first photos, which I believe, of the Naga Viper on this forum. If anyone does grow them no one posts about the process.

Heres the first one, about a month into growing:

And after that, heres the second photo, mind you the growing process took FOREVER!

Next, I potted them up, theyre starting to really grow!

Now, I posted earlier, about them getting attacked and this is about when it happened, Caelian, thanks for keeping me calm along with others on here as they looked AWFUL!

Now, I have a gap in pictures of growth, but here is my beautiful Naga Viper, honestly, its perfect.

Here is plant number 2

Here is a pic of both of them back to back!

Took this yesterday, my firs pod and im not kidding on two plants, I have around 40 pods setting on each, and I have two juvenile plants that are getting huge now. I should harvest over 100+ Naga Vipers easy.

Let me know what you all think, If you've read my posts earlier you have known my troubles and my questions and I think ive come a long way, THANKS everyone!

This post was edited by PepperGuy222 on Sat, Jul 13, 13 at 19:48

Comments (23)

• peppernovice
    10 years ago

Congratulations on successfully growing those beast. It's frustrating while it's happening, but once you have the end result, it's AWESOME. I hope those vipers live up to their name. If they do, I'll be in the market to do a trade. Please keep us posted. Good Luck!

Tim

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    10 years ago

Nice job and beautiful viper adults 222.. Yeah, keep us updated on the heat of this controversial superhot. I wanted to grow some myself until I read all the NON-hype.

Kevin

• PepperGuy222
    Original Author
    10 years ago

More pics coming soon of my other beauts!

• scorpion_john
    10 years ago

Pepperguy, like Tim said, I would also be interested in trading seeds this fall. the viper is one of the few superhots I haven't got around to growing yet.

• scorpion_john
    10 years ago

Pepperguy, like Tim said, I would also be interested in trading seeds this fall. the viper is one of the few superhots I haven't got around to growing yet.

• peppernovice
    10 years ago

Dang John! You know I can't compete with your stash. :)
    I'll just have to hope he has enough for two.

Tim

• PepperGuy222
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, Tim has really helped me out in the past, not sure if he remembers earlier this year so no need to trade I feel like I owe him a little. But I'm not kidding I have over 40 pods setting in each plant, I'll have more than enough to give out

• scorpion_john
    10 years ago

cool, i'm not worried just didn't get around to buying the viper in time for this year. and don't worry Tim, I've got you covered. this year I have about 90 varietys growing. haven't actually sat down and made a list yet. I've been meaning to. I have most of the superhots, minus some color variations, the whites, peaches, purples and so on you see advertised don't impress me much, but I buy all the chocolate varietys. like I said I got you guys covered, I sent out tons of seed last year, and will have many more varietys for everyone to choose from this year, John

• sandysgardens
    10 years ago

Pepperguy - Nice looking plants and pod, Will be looking forward to your report on how your taste test goes when you sample that bad boy. Will you be making HOT Sauce with them or just snacking on them........

Again, great looking plants.

Sandy

• DMForcier
    10 years ago

Not only is John generous with his seed, they are very good seeds! Strong starters and growers.

PepperGuy, beautiful plants! I suspect they will get considerably bigger.

Can someone tell me the difference between Naga Morich and Viper? I've got a nice Morich in about the same shape as those above.

Dennis

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    10 years ago

DMF:

I could be wrong, but I believe the viper was SUPPOSED to be hotter. That was until the controversy.

Kevin

• PepperGuy222
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The reason I am growing the Viper is because it's the "black horse" of the pepper world. Being it WAS SUPPOSED to be the hottest but because of a little inconsistency it was shot down. So, I am giving it a try not to mention it was supposed to be a pepper in which is near impossible to grow from what I hear because of the volitility of the cross. In that aspect, I sort of want to replenish the name and also at the same time give everyone out there a little education on the germinating of it as well as how it grows because there isn't much out there. New pics coming today!

• NagaAndy
    10 years ago

Hello fellow pepper lovers...LOL...I am a long time hot pepper lover but first time grower. I am currently growing Chocolate Jolokia's and Naga Vipers. My viper has lots of fruit dispite it's size but my poor skinny Jolokia has only two...LOL I will put up a couple pictures of my vipers on here but sorry for the quality it was at night , I will try to get some better shots tomorrow. Let me know what u think.....Thanks

• NagaAndy
    10 years ago

A second pepper on same plant

• PepperGuy222
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And what pepper is that? To be honest, the viper plants, like I thought ARE very inconsistent in shape and really. Only about 5-7 pods out of 50+ look like true vipers. Here are some updates to my boys!

• PepperGuy222
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Like states before that picture above is a true naga viper in the sense it has characteristics of the peppers it was crossed with, without incorporating too much from one pepper. Now, towards the top of my plant here are what most look like, this is a bit crazy

• PepperGuy222
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Now there is a super prevalent tail on that bad boy, here are two growing next to each other, one looking different than the other. I don't want to believe it but the Naga Viper really is inconstant with pepper size and shape. None are ripe though so a heat test will be coming soon!

• peppernovice
    10 years ago

Those are some good looking pods. Strange how much difference there is on the same plant. I have a Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend that is doing the same thing. One pod looks exactly like you would expect, while the one beside it looks completely different. Crazy!

Tim

• pepperdave
    10 years ago

more ghosts

• judo_and_peppers
    10 years ago

holy crap that's a lot of bhuts.

• PepperGuy222
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh wow....(I quietly look outside at my garden...and laugh in comparison)

• PepperGuy222
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is the 1st photo of my boys changing colors!

• MadCat1118
    10 years ago

Hope they're as good as they look and its worth the wait!

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional