Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19774863

7 Pot Jonah seed from ottawapepper

User
11 years ago

I'm starting this thread as a central point to update everyone who received 7 Pot Jonah seed from me. I didn't keep a record of individuals I sent seed to but I do know I contributed 10 packets to Heathers annual swap in a box of bonus seed I sent her.

The purity of the seed I shared has come into question.

The vendor of the parent seed shows rounder, not oblong, pod formation.

{{gwi:1194061}}

Parent seed as well as child seed sent out is exhibiting an oblong growth pattern. If you are growing out Jonah seed from me and it doesn't look like these, please send me an email.

Original seed pods

New pods from shared seed

I have sent the vendor an email with pictures asking for clarification. I will update this thread when I get a response.

Until then I'll offer five possible answers...

1- the Jonah has a lot of variations in pod development and oblong pods are not uncommon;

2- I received seed that had crossed. Given the stability of F2 seed amongst a few members it's either a stable cross or this idea is busted;

3- I originally received mis-labeled seed. It happens.

4- I mis-labeled the parent plant pot last year. Unlikely in my opinion;

5- Higgs boson particles changed the genetic code of the parent plant.

Personally, at this point, I'm going with #5. I did record a larger than normal number of Higgs boson particles in the area of the parent last year.

I know that some members say that when trading or receiving seeds saved by another member you should always be aware that you may receive a cross or two but I also understand that it can be frustrating to learn that after months of growing you don't have what you expected.

As this is my second post relating to crossed seed I've shared this year, I'm not happy happy. I pride myself on sharing true seed. I sincerely apologize in advance if you're disappointed with your results.

I'll update everyone when I hear back from the vendor.

Bill

Comments (149)

• MsAisling
    11 years ago

WIMP?!?!? WIMP?!?!?! ME??? A WIMP?!?!?!?! Naw, Weenie is more like it !!!! HAHAHA!!!!

Hey, I can't help it if I take after my Mom!! She is a Weenie too!! We just do not have the stomach for really spicy foods!!! However, she was telling me that my Granddad was ANOTHER FireEater...and apparently some of the HEAVY DUTY stuff!! I think she said she had to leave when Grandad started eating!!! LOL!!! With all that in the family you would have thought I would have ended up with SOME tolerance!!! PFFFFT!!! Not a bit!!! I can't even use Taco Bell hot sauce and you know how tame THAT is!!! All the guys on the other hand....they are the ones that can work the spicy stuff!!

The Caribbean BBQ sauce one? That is what you have it labeled as. So yea I guess it might be the "island" one.

Half or 1/3 the pod? You got newbies on the 7 pot here!! I don't want to have to call any ambulances ya know!!! LOL!! I am going to get them to try a bit first ( I guess I need 3 1/2 gallons of ice cream ready for tomorrow then, huh?) then, like you said depending on whether they are emptying the ice tray in their mouth or handling it with some glasses of cold milk or something, we will take it from there. And yes, BELIEVE me, my hubby and I are ALWAYS using the "any chef worth his or her salt tastes their ingredients first so they have an idea of how they will combine and enhance the final product." on JJ so we can get him to try new things. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't......just depends on the mood he is in.

So say a little prayer for us tonight...cause the guys are gonna need it tomorrow!!! If JJ tries it, I will see if I can get him to write his reaction on here tomorrow!! LOL!!

Jo

• peppernovice
    11 years ago

I picked these guys tonight. A little too late to sample them now. I think I'll try part of one tomorrow and put the rest into some powder. Who knows, maybe I'll try my hand at making some hot sauce.

Tim

• capoman
    11 years ago

Peppernovice: One warning. The pepper gets much hotter towards the stem end. If you want some fun, offer a challenge to someone where you bite of the tip and then pass the stem half to the challenger. They have to deal with several times more heat near the stem where there is more placenta.

That's also a tip to acclimation to nuclear heat. Start slowly at the tip and then eat toward the stem over a weekend. It'll get hotter as you go, helping you get used to it.

On another note, one use of superhots that I really enjoy, especially Bhuts is to cut into thin rings and put into a Bloody Caesar drink. You can skip the Tabasco sauce if you do this. The taste of the Bhuts go perfectly with a Bloody Caesar.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Capoman, I don't believe you. Not even a Bhut (ring or whole) could kill the taste of tomato "clam" juice!

• peppernovice
    11 years ago

I'm guessing Bill is not a fan of the Bloody Caesar. Thanks for the tips Capoman. I think I'm going to try my hand at making some sauce. I thought about using my Datil hybrids/Bill's mystery peppers and slipping in one of the 7 pots. If the hybrids taste anything like a regular Datil, it should make for a good taste.

Tim

• Chef_JJ
    11 years ago

hi this is Chef JJ, and here is my thought of the 7 pot pepper! this pepper made me think my career was over before it started and i never want to hear or see this pepper again!!!!!!! >:D wow i put a tiny piece in my mouth and i was DYING!!! the taste was sweet at first then i dont remember the rest cuz i was chewing on my shirt and eating icecream like MAD!!! i think im going to have a long recovery before i try another pepper!! LOL! thx for sending the peppers!! :) now we are making carribean bbq sauce. we will see how that turns out. YAY!! well talk to you soon.

Your Pepper Head Friend,
    Chef JJ

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Welcome to the Chile Head club Chef JJ. I'm glad to hear you liked the 7 Pot ;-))

I think you'll find the Caribbean sauce a little easier to handle.

Bill

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh, if the sauce is too hot, you can mix up a new batch without pepper and mix them together to cut the heat in half. You can store extra sauce in the freezer. It won't freeze solid because of the honey but it allows you to keep it longer term.

Bill

• MsAisling
    11 years ago

Ok now THAT was fun!!! I hate saying it but I can't help it!! Chef JJ and his Uncle (my brother) were down for the challenge!! The challenge being that they were going to eat precisely a 1/4" square of flesh of the 7 pot pepper and exactly 3 seeds (omg! I was cracking up !). So, I cut it up for them and on go, they started chomping. JJ's eyes got as big as dinner plates and he didn't know whether to run screaming in circles, climb the wall or what!! So he resorted to begging for ice cream and sucking on his shirt until he got some!! I turn around and the next thing I know , he is out of his shirt, he's got his ice cream and he is eating it and rubbing it on his lips like lip stick!! My husband is sitting here telling me how he thought he was going to have to call the ambulance on the boy!! He said the look JJ gave him was such an "OMG what did u do to me?" look...LOL!!! Oh my!!!

My poor brother on the other hand, he turned red, got the sweats and for a while there I thought he had started praying, he had his head down and his hands clasped!!! Turns out he was just trying to gather his wits about him!! He dove into the ice cream as well. LOL!! My husband even tried a piece and yes, he sucked air for about 5 min. (his super duper hiccups on steroids).

You know, for those guys not having alot of pepper experience, I gotta give them kudos for going for it even with such a small piece.

JJ and I were talking afterwards about how to build up a tolerance to peppers so that he can eat more than just a little tiny piece. I told him it takes time to do it...many many years. Ya start at the beginning and build up. But he looked like he was really thinking about it...Despite his protestations, I think you guys may have snagged another PepperHead!!! :)

OH and Bill, we are trying ur Caribbean BBQ sauce - Chef JJ and I made some today! We used the pepper in 1/3's. When I said "Shall we use it in 1/2 like Bill said?" The looks I got just about melted me like the Wicked Witch of the West!!! I thought we'd better go with the 1/3rd!!!! Simmered some at 5 min and some at 10 min. We are going to let it set a day or two and see what happens!! We will let you know!!

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    11 years ago

WOW!! Congrats Chef JJ on trying a 7 pot thats a hugh step, I started with jalapeno, then Habanero, then Bhut (Ghost Chili)

Jo if you would like any Ghost pepper or Trinidad Scorpion seeds to grow next season, let me know just email me.

Mark

Mark

• capoman
    11 years ago

Yeah, that's pretty brave, LOL. It really doesn't take years to build up the immunity though. The method I mentioned earlier works pretty well. Just start with very small pieces from the tip of a superhot, and work toward the stem can acclimate you fairly quickly. Of course doing the same with less hot peppers and working up over a short period of time works as well.

We also lose it fairly quickly. There are times when we go without capsaicin heat for a week or two heat for a change, or because of company, and we'll lose quite a bit of our heat tolerance in that short time. This also happens even if we are eating hot/pungent foods of other kinds such as wasabi or horseradish, which seem to have tolerances of their own. But once you have it for capsaicin, it doesn't take long to get it back.

• peppernovice
    11 years ago

I can officially testify in the court of heat that the 7 pot rivals the ghost pepper in flames! My wife and I cut this guy tonight. We were eating it with cheese,crackers, and mini pepperonis. We had ate about half and it was burning us up. I decided I should try a piece by itself. This was the only way I could get a fair comparison to the bhut jolokia. It is every bit as hot! It feels like you have a mouth full of lava. We still have a half a pepper, but my wife says I am officially banned from ever growing it again. She doesn't even want it in her yard. :) I saved the seeds. This was definitely a good one!

Tim

• peppernovice
    11 years ago

Holy crap......it's been a couple of hours and my stomach is still doing flips. This 7 pot is one bad mother! If you think your tough, I saved seeds. I welcome some company on the pain train!

Tim

• MsAisling
    11 years ago

Uhm...Tim? If you are banned from ever having these even in your YARD, what, pray tell, are you going to do with those seeds?!?! ;p Naughty, Naughty!! If your wife finds out...!!!

Bill, well the guys could not wait...they wanted to try that Caribbean BBQ sauce 2nite!! Question: How thick is that supposed to be? Mine is not very thick at all BUT we used it over chicken tonight and IT WAS GREAT!! We needed to 1/2 that pepper though. Using it in 1/3 really took alot of the heat out of it. Even I was able to eat it - yes WIMP #1 actually tried it!! WoooHoooo!! There was still some burn in it but it was a just enough to let you know that it was there...waiting for you...telling you to come back with another pod on another day...!!! I mean for me it burned from lips to the back of my throat, for the guys it was just a nice tingling burn for them.

The flavor though of the sauce was just wonderful!! I thought my husband was going to float the chicken off his plate in the sauce !! He told me a few minutes ago McDonalds better watch out!! He is coming for their Chicken Nuggets and he is not ordering any of THEIR sauces to go with them!! There is a new Dipping Sauce in town!! LOL!! My brother loved it as well! He especially liked the thyme and the ginger that just is such a lovely part of the sauce! I can see we are going to be eating things using that sauce for the next week!!!

Unfortunately, Chef JJ is not a big fan of the thyme. I used crushed but maybe if I had used powdered and it had blended more, he would have been able to handle it better. Next time, maybe if I use only half of the amount of thyme he could handle it. I think he really wanted to try more but it was just too strong for him. Isn't that funny?? He can try a 7 pot pepper but that spice is too much for him? LOL! I told him it was OK. We have other recipes that I am taking off of the forum to try!! He will have his chance!!

This is really a wonderful sauce to try!! Very aromatic with the thyme , ginger, allspice, etc that it uses...it almost lulls you into a false sense that this is going to be a nice spicy addition to your meal. I keep thinking of those spicy rubs that they use in the deep South. It is not until you take a bite of the dish with the sauce added that you realize that there is more to this than those lovely aromatic spices!! Depending on how much 7 pot Pepper you add, you can go from a nice pleasant tingling burn to a "Holy Mary Pray for us sinners" burn that will have you on your knees!! A definite "ya'll gotta try this!"

Jo

• azzure08(zone8a)
    11 years ago

I read this post and just died from laughter you really should have recorded that. I would have paid to see it lol, it would have been too funny. I have never seen a 7 pot pepper before but I think next year I will grow them because my fiancee swears he can take any heat and he really can't lol.

• MsAisling
    11 years ago

Hi Azzure08,

I am not sure if you mean my post or Tim's cause Tim's post had me almost cryin' for the poor guy!!...But i tell you what, your fiance is in for a rude awakening if he thinks he can take any heat and just wants to jump right into a 7 pot Pepper!! If you go up a few posts you will see what happened to my pepperhead son, brother and husband when they thought they we up to the challenge!!! And all I gave them of the pepper was a 1/4" square of the flesh, no veins, and exactly 3 seeds - HOW PATHETIC IS THAT, RIGHT?!?!?! The thing is we did try to video it but we had a new camera and did not get it turned on right so we missed it..if i did have that video..OMG it would SOOOOOO be on this site right now!!!!!!! I thought I was going to lose control of bodily functions I was laughing so hard at the insanity of these 3 Knuckleheads!!! Just wait until grow season and I can grow some, oh it is on AGAIN!!!

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    11 years ago

Here is an update with ripe 7pot peppers both are from the same plant, one looks more closely like Bill's while the other on the left looks wild in shape.

Will update later on smell and taste

Mark

• peppernovice
    11 years ago

Mark......Let me know if it feels like your gums are melting and your teeth are falling out because you have lava in your mouth!

Tim

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    11 years ago

I went with the pepper on the right, cut it open and its smell's fruity and smoky very good smell.

once I had it cut open I took a pic then folded the two back together and;

1.....2.......3 threw it all in and MAN!! OHHHHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHH so HOT!!! Lava in its pure form. Watery eyes and runny nose and Hot, felt the burn mostly in the back of the throat and roof of my mouth.

I can see this pepper as a good powder, rub, or even Hot sauce, before and after the burn it has a great flavor.

Bill thanks for these peppers, I like em! Last time though I will be eating whole.

Mark

• peppernovice
    11 years ago

Your a real man! I ate about a 1/3 or less by itself and it was a real task. I made it 10 minutes with nothing to eat or drink. The heat had subsided by that time. The real pain came about 2 hours later. My stomach felt like the pepper was trying to jack hammer it's way out!

Tim

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    11 years ago

Hi Tim

LOL don't get me wrong, Milk, yogurt, and ice became my best friend a few minutes after I managed to swallow the chewed up pepper.

My goal is to at least eat one every pepper I grow, whole at least once. Now that Ghost and 7pot are out of the way, next up Trinidad Scorpion :-)

Mark

• MsAisling
    11 years ago

Tim......

So help me if you tell me that is you in the pic........... o.O

• tsheets
    11 years ago

Man, there's no way I'd eat a whole pod like that! LOL

I do respect the desire to test everything you grow! I do try a small piece, but, not a whole pod. That's hard core! haha!

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    11 years ago

Bravo! Haha, that's a lot of pod! :-)

My 7-Pot unknown has just begun to flower, so it'll be a good while before I am able to
    show a pic of a pod.

MsAisling, I'm wondering why the three seeds were eaten? Seeds are merely bitter and have
    no heat of their own (other than some minimal residue by proxy).

Welcome!

Josh

• peppernovice
    11 years ago

Sorry.....not me in the suit. It's just a pic I found on the internet that struck me as humorous.

Tim

• MsAisling
    11 years ago

Hey Josh

Basically for that reason...residual heat and perhaps for some psyching the guys out as well...I shall NEVER tell Mwuahahahahaha!!!!!! >;) LOL!!

Seriously? I think it was mostly to psych them out!! I know alot of people believe some of the heat is in the seeds whereas we know it is mostly in the veins holding the seeds. I am not going to sit there and argue peppers with everyone so..... if they believe the seeds hold some heat OK, I can cater to that. When they are ready to listen, they will listen.

• MsAisling
    11 years ago

Bill,

A follow up on your Caribbean BBQ Sauce: Remember when I told you I simmered some at 10 minutes and simmered some at 5 minutes? Well, the guys opened up a jar of the "5 minute" last night. I wasn't even in the kitchen and I heard "OOOH" "AAAAAWW!!" *sniff*, *sniff* *HICCURP* (that last one is my husband there with one of his nuclear hiccups/spasms)!!!!

I came around the corner and the three of them, Chef JJ, my brother and my hubby, were sitting there tossing down some more chicken with the sauce, noses running, nuclear hiccups activated and Chef JJ fanning his mouth!!

Now remember, JJ did NOT like the 10 minute sauce (supposedly) I just think it was such a big flavor change for him he wasn't ready for it. With his Dad constantly using the sauce though, I think he started to get used to it. The 5 minute sauce though, because it was hotter, he wasn't as concerned with the spices as he was with the burn so he sat there and said he loved it!!! HONESTLY, TEENAGE BOYS and you never grow out of it!! LOL!!!

They wiped out an entire jar in one sitting! Luckily, I used small mason jars so we have some left!! What knuckleheads!! I am going to have to laminate that recipe cause I KNOW that one is going to get used quite often around here!!!

JO

• peppernovice
    11 years ago

I just want to know what the recipe is! You guys have to quit sharing recipes behind my back. If it's okay with Bill, will you post it here? Perhaps Bill himself will post it. I don't know. I just want to know what the heck I have to do to get the magic decoder ring and learn the secret hand shake. I want to be part of the club!

Tim

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Geeezzz,

I'm off line for a few days and you guys are trying to kill yourselves eating stupid hots! I love it ;-)

MsAisling, yes it's a "thin" sauce.

peppernovice, I've posted the recipe a few times before... one more time:

Caribbean BBQ Sauce

1 or 2 scotch bonnet or hotter if you're up for it (fresh or dried)
    1 cup orange juice
    1 cup honey
    1/3 cup soy or Worcestershire sauce
    1 TBS ginger (1/8 - 1/4 tsp powder)
    1/2 tsp allspice
    2 cloves garlic (1/4 - 1/2 tsp powder)
    1 tsp dried thyme (1 TBS fresh)

Blend together well in food processor or blender and then simmer in sauce pan for 5-10 minutes.
    Let stand in fridge overnight for fullest flavor

• tsheets
    11 years ago

That reminds me, I need to get some chicken out of the freezer! I have some of that marinade/bbq sauce sitting in the fridge right now! :-)

• MsAisling
    11 years ago

Tsheets, when you use that as a marinade how long do you marinade for?

Come on guys...all this talk is making me hungry!! I'll have to go get some carrots to munch on out of the fridge!!

Jo

• tsheets
    11 years ago

No specific amount of time..I'd say an hour at least but I've done it overnight as well. I just go with what time I have available. :-)

You can really tweak this recipe in a lot of ways. I've made it without honey for a marinade, then added honey to some for bbq sauce. You could melt some butter in it and use it as a wing sauce. :-)

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

What tsheets said, you can really tweak the recipe. Try subbing Pineapple juice for the Orange juice for a whole other subtle flavour experience.

• MsAisling
    11 years ago

Guys!!!! Please!!! I am DROOLING HERE!!! And remember I don't have any more 7 pots - I will have to see if I can find any one around here with any ( highly doubt ). Otherwise i am just gonna have to wait til i grow them!!!

Oh I was wondering...Thank you Bill sooooo much for the Peppers seeds you have sent me for next season. I hope I am not being too very rude and if I am tell me so and I will apologize to everyone. I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to help me with just a few more types of seeds I would like to get for next season for Chef JJ and I, to kind of round out our collection. We would be forever greatful. We are looking for:
    Jalapeno
    Orange or Red Habenero
    Chocolate Habenero
    Scotch Bonnet
    Thai
    and the one I am looking for most - true Guam Boonie Peppers. I would be more than happy to pay for SABE to be sent to you for delivery of peppers. I think I trust ya'll more than anyone else with seeds right now!!! Thanks !! I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Your Chile Sis
    Jo

• Aislings_Bro
    11 years ago

Hello all. Yes, I'm Jo's bro, the one who looked like he was praying. Tho' I actually wasn't, it more trying to crush my hands painfully to take my mind off the fire in my mouth. :/
    Fortunately, I normally dine on jalapeno pizzas and add crushed red pepper to most of what I eat so I wasn't as bad off as my nephew, Chef_JJ. (snicker)
    I did manage to taste the pepper before the pain started and I have to say it was kind of sweet/fruity. I'll definitely be trying more when I can.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    11 years ago

That's what it's all about....tasting the pepper before the pain ;-)

Josh

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    11 years ago

Small harvest, I am giving to a co worker ha ha ha! Upper Left are the 7pot mystery next to that Trinidad Scorpion, Jalapeno in the middle and Red Habs on the bottom.

Bill I must say even though the pod shape is odd and bumpy, I wish I could have the SKU tested because it's way hotter than a Bhut.

Thanks,
    Mark

• peppernovice
    11 years ago

You are 100% right Mark. I ate about half of a bhut yesterday and even though it was hot, it couldn't touch the 7 pot! I don't know what is normal, this is the first year I have grown these. I know the 7 pot can be hotter than the bhut, but the 7 pot I sampled made the bhut seem like a habanero! My wife is usually right on par with me as far as tasting spicy food/peppers. She swears she will NEVER try another 7 pot. I'm trying to build my tolerance so I can try it again soon.

Tim

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    11 years ago

Tim do your 7pot's have a strong smokey smell? It's unlike any of the peppers I have, Bhut, Red Hab, Ristra Cayenne, and Trinidad Scorpion. I also have Choclate Hab and Fatali pepper new this season so no ripe pods yet to compare.

I cut one open to dry and 4 days into drying open air in the kitchen the pungent pepper keeps the whole kitchen smelling like that pepper. None of the others I've dried had that type of powerful lingering smell. I can't complain I like it.

Bill any comment on the smokey smell and lasting power while drying?

Mark

• peppernovice
    11 years ago

I honestly can't say for sure. I broke my nose several years ago, and my sense of smell is horrible. I do remember my wife commenting on how strong they smelled, just not sure if she meant smokey. I'm growing about 13 or 14 varieties and I know the flavor isn't similar to any of the other peppers I'm growing. At least what I taste for the first 10 seconds. The only thing I taste after 10 seconds is the roof of my mouth melting and dripping onto my teeth! :)

Tim

• Armageddon
    11 years ago

ottawapepper my Jonah plants are a little past the bloom stage i will update some photos soon so everyone can give a little insight.

peppernovice if you are up for a challenge (smile) i will ship you some fresh Bhut pods off the Vine that can or will beat the heat of the 7 pot you speak of .... just a thought ... i couldn't imagine someone eating a full fresh pod off 1 of my bhuts or even a half without posting some great reviews .

• Aislings_Bro
    11 years ago

Wouldn't mind trying that myself, Armageddon. ;)

• Aislings_Bro
    11 years ago

BTW, I have a Scots/English/Irish/Swede ancestry so when I turn red from the heat, I turn RED. LOL!

• Armageddon
    11 years ago

Don't want to jump off ottawapepper's topic but Aislings_Bro you can contact me trough email if you like .

• MsAisling
    11 years ago

Wow!!

Habjolokia those look great!! Although I do see what you mean about the "mystery 7pots" - what is the concensus on what it is?

peppernovice that visual about the teeth....uuuggghhhhh!!! I really could have lived without that!! I will have nightmares now!! When I was little and my permanent teeth had JUST come in in the top front of my mouth, I ended up doing a nose dive over the handle bars of my bike, landing on my jaw thereby jamming my teeth together and busting the three front teeth that had just come in - exposing the nerve on one of them. Ever since then I have had nightmares about my teeth crumbling in my mouth and it is so realistic it is NASTY!!! So somethimes when people give me a visual like that it sends chills up my spine!!!!! YUCK!!!

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!! A Challenge!!! How cool!! Are you up for it peppernovice??? My bro said he wouldn't mind giving it a go but after his 7 pot 1/4" experience, I am not sure...he certainly would not be able to do a whole pod - only 1/2 max. He is insane if he thinks he wants to try a Bhut.

To anyone: My Hubby asks - have you ever seen someone have to go to the hospital because of eating Hot Peppers?

• Armageddon
    11 years ago

Not to jump off topic but .....

MsAisling i have never ate 1 that has sent me to the ER but anything is possible i guess depending on the person here i have only found 100% true pepper heads for the most part..... True super hots can send someone to the hospital if not handled with care IF they get all freaked out myself i have a very high tolerance to pain BUT don't get me wrong back in the day i have made many mistakes like many others....no gloves touching the eyes multiple times in a row all in the same night... or going to the rest room and let me for warn you very very bad idea but it does happen even to very experienced growers but never 1 time a hospital visit I myself suck it up and learn from mistakes .....LOL

• MsAisling
    11 years ago

ROFLMBO!!!!!! Oh my goodness!!! Armageddon, I did the touching the face after handling it was either Habs or Pequins I think it was (I am VERY fair skinned...some freckles on my armes but that is it, otherwise fairer than a newborn babies butt!!) I felt like my suncreen needed a boost so I just poured it in my hands and went to put it on and went for the face first...I was underneath the freezing cold water in the shower, using the hand held nozzle an inch from my face for at least 15 min!!

You are not the first guy to tell me about the going to the bathroom mistake...Oh my gosh, guys you got me on that one (thank goodness) I cannot imagine that pain nor do I want to!! But it makes me ever more mindful that that would be an excrutiatingly painful experience for me as well so I intend not to make it!

I told my husband just like anyone else I imagine some people can have reactions to the super hots, while some of the less experienced who don't realize exactly what they are getting into may try one and just totally freak out with fear not realizing what they were going to experience. People have to be totally aware of what these super hots are capable of doing to a person!! Especially an inexperienced on!!! We laugh and joke and carry on about them but that is because ya'll have built up a tolerance to them.

I have had abdominal surgery - I know I can never eat anything like that EVER, my youngest son has cystic fibrosis... because it messes with his pancreas, I don't know if eating super hots for him would be a good thing. On the other hand JJ has a metabolism that WON'T STOP!! I can't keep food in the house because of him!!! He is a bottomless pit!! So he has this metabolism that has allowed him to work up a tolerance like his Uncle to jalapenos and crushed red pepperon any food he eats!! It is a circus in this house!!!

I just hope someone reads these before ever trying a super hot and talks to someone first...someone experienced. It is definitely NOT something to be triffled with!!!!!

Jo

• DMForcier
    11 years ago

Doubtful that going to the ER would help physically. Capsaicin is very sticky and hard to get off. Scrubbing might do more harm than just suffering...

Maybe industrial strength pain killers or eye wash would be worth it, though...

Btw, I want some of the bumpy weapons-grade thingies.

• MsAisling
    11 years ago

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Oh my Gosh!! If you just didn't remind me of my father just then..."bumpy weapon grade thingies" ?????? You mean "Those thingamagigs? The whatchmacallits?? You know those funny lookin' hoozamathingies that burn the sam-hell out of your mouth?!?!"

• peppernovice
    11 years ago

Armageddon......I think I have some of your bhut seeds via way of ottawapepper. I didn't plant them this year, but I can next year if they are as potent as what you say. I'm not any near your level yet. I still haven't eaten a whole pod. I'm SLOWLY working my way up to it. I have however sampled every pepper I have grown. That includes the evil 7 pot of death!

Tim

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!