Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peppernovice

Video Update 2

peppernovice
10 years ago

Here's an update on my peppers. I have a lot of pods ripening, so i thought I'd post another update. let me know what you think.

Tim

http://youtu.be/LziOP9qYuqc

Comments (13)

• User
    10 years ago

Tim,

Fantastic! You've got some beautiful plants going.

Great job! Keep the updates coming..

Bill

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Bill. I haven't seen you around lately. Hope you're not too busy. Hopefully you can give us an update soon.

Tim

• User
    10 years ago

Hi Tim,

Gotta admit so far 2013 has been one of those crazy busy years. My pepper growing has suffered due to other life priorities.

I'll be posting an update soon. Nothing close to your crop!

Bill

• mctiggs
    10 years ago

That's awesome, thanks for sharing. Still jealous as hell!

I could listen to you say "Douglah Dust" all day. Sorry, you didn't tell us not to make fun of the accent this time.

• seysonn
    10 years ago

Hi Tim,
    Thank for sharing.(Except for the secrets ..hehe)
    While on the You Tube , I also watched couple of related videos (peppers). But nothing can come close to your creations.

This year I started a garden in a new locations that is not very pepper-Friendly. I just have few plants.
    Next year I will plant them in BLACK PLASTIC pots. I am getting it. haha

This post was edited by seysonn on Wed, Jul 31, 13 at 22:31

• Armageddon
    10 years ago

Nice Video peppenovice your plants are looking Very Healthy & with lots of fruit with still plenty time left to set some more keep up the great work .....BTW i know a place to off a couple of them peppers .... me me me (smile) ......

• judo_and_peppers
    10 years ago

holy crap. you make me wanna go yell at my plants for being such slackers.

so how many years ago did you first start? I don't think the term novice quite fits anymore.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Very nice work, Tim!

Bill, good to see you back. You've been missed!

Josh

• kypepperman
    10 years ago

looks fantastic. such a great variety of some great looking plants. you are about to have pods coming out of your ears.

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all the compliments guys/gals. Douglah Dust, Douglah Dust, Douglah Dust.....there I said it three times. :)
    This is my second year growing from seed, before that I only had experience with jalapeno plants I bought at Lowes or Wal Mart. I read everyday and try to absorb what guys like Bill, Josh, Jamie and maybe others here post. If you listen you will learn......at least that's what my mom used to say.

Tim

• leafericson
    10 years ago

Can you re-post link to youtube? it's not working for me.
    Thanks -Eric-

• leafericson
    10 years ago

Got it! highlighted it and right clicked go to.
    Your not a novice!!!
    They look really nice and green with no calcium def.
    What are you feeding them?

Quote - "I don't know what the heck I'm going to do with all those pods" Make a lot of hot sauce!!!
    It's way better than powders. Hot sauce only gets better with age. My bother-in-law made me some with my Caribbean Reds last year. For about 2 months it was way to hot to enjoy. But then it changed and became smokey and lets put it this way, less hot. LOL
    -Eric-

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Eric. I tried hot sauce last year but didn't have a lot of success. I'll have to look up some recipes and give it another try. I feed my plants Alaska brand fish fertilizer and Miracle Grow all purpose plant food.

Tim

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH