Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ab2008

Pepper ID & Pod/Plant Update 07/07/13

ab2008
10 years ago

Some quick pictures of general plant progress. Its been a little bit of a cool summer so far, some plants also got hit by a late frost, so instead of growing taller, a few of them have bushed out more. With that said though, I do think they are coming along nice, and am thankful that the majority are at least setting pods.

Above: Two of my 7-pot plants

Above: Aji Brazilian Starfish is starting to really pick up the pace, I nearly lost these two plants to frost, they were initially just a stump with some leaves on top a little while back.. it's been exciting to watch.

Above: Red Savina Habanero

Two Numex Orange, they put on some very large pods, and while green still have a good taste, but want to let them ripen.

Black Pearl plant. I have 4 plants, 3 are dark like this and the 4th has green leaves. I'm assuming it may have crossed with something before.

Black pearl with green leaves.

This is one I need ID'd, I'm thinking it's one of the ghost peppers of mine, as a few of these plants all look very much the same. Some of the seeds I received were open pollinated, but they are some pretty gnarly looking pods regardless.

Above: Oddball looking pod on one of my scorpion plants.

Red Savina Habaneros. Pretty big peppers.

This is one of the ones I'm unsure about. I have a lot of different Habanero varieties, and this was one that I forgot to label and I'm pretty unsure of what it is, if it is a habanero.

7 pod

7-pods

We've got about 4-6 inches of rain over the last few days, and the garden has been needing to be weeded extremely bad, maybe the weather will break for a while to dry it up so I can get out and get it straightened out. I have a few bags of leaves to mulch my second pepper bed, but the weather has been kind of unforgiving!

But that's it for the most part.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert