Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
thank you Bruce

Posted by robeb Kansas City area (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 12 at 20:15

I started several naga seeds back in February, sent to me from our generous fellow pepper lover Bruce (esox07). All germinated and I gave a few of the seedlings away to friends.

Now here in my area, the high temps have been in the triple digits for 3 weeks straight. My pepper plants are deep green, tall and bushy, but have dropped almost all blossoms. I did get one ripe fatali a couple of weeks ago and have one green bhut pod that has been taking its sweet time.

Two days ago one of the friends I gave seedlings to said he had a ripe naga, asked if I'd like to try it with him. We chopped it up and began to taste.

What great flavors! Citrus taste followed quickly with considerable heat.

My favorite hot pepper until now has been the fatali, but this naga is a contender. Going to be great in pots of chili, spag sauces, and salsas.

Again...thanks Bruce.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: thank you Bruce

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 27, 12 at 0:17

Very Welcome robeb. Glad you enjoy them. Mine dropped hundreds of blooms last year too in the heat. But once they start setting, they will be all over the place. I had two plants that I got at least 150 pods off each. The season ended up here before all of the second round got fully ripe but you should have more time than I did.

By the way, thanks for the update.
enjoy,
Bruce

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here