Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scgreenthumb1987

what to expect from moruga scorpion

scgreenthumb1987
10 years ago

A coworker has been growing moruga scorpions indoors and brought one to work tonight. Knowing I eat bhut chilies he has asked me to half it with him at lunch. Now I've never tried anything hotter than bhut...that's kinda my limit I think. Is this pepper really as hot as I've read?

Comments (6)

• tony469
    10 years ago

I feel they are equal..just different kind of burn bhuts build slowly..and morugas kind of burn the back of your throat...also all depends on the pepper and person..but yeah they are hot..I think reapers and douglah are hotter but that's me..bhuts also taste better i hate the over floral taste of morugas and brain strains

This post was edited by tony469 on Tue, Jul 23, 13 at 21:20

• SgtPepper
    10 years ago

Anything from the scotch bonnets and beyond are very uncomfortable to eat raw. However, each variety builds up the heat in different ways. Then they also differ how long the heat lingers after masticating as well the areas of your mouth and throat that feel more effect.

Since I only eat these peppers in curries, noodle dishes, etc., my dares are a lot easier. Still, since I am not in any competition or anything, I will have milk on the ready if the going gets too tough for the extra spicy meals. But milk, while providing instant relief, often makes matters worse unless you keep drinking throughout the duration of the peak.

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks y'all. I agree. I actually think I've had hotter bhut. Not a fan at all. Didn't like the taste and the smell was worse. Was funny watching a coworker almost pass out tho. Why grow something if you can't eat it?

• smokemaster_2007
    10 years ago

Morougas can be anywhere from Hab. hot to insane going by what I've grown.
    Depends on the plant,seed stock etc. I think.

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    10 years ago

He got this plant from a local farmers market. He did say that it was the first ripe pod it had produced. Even if it gets hotter I'll still stick with my bhuts. Just the flavor and smell killed me on that scorpion. Any others I need to try? I just found out I can not only eat but enjoy super hots about 6 months ago. Haven't tried but a few so far. Best thing I've done in my life was putting a hand full of red bhuts in my catfish stew :-D

• tony469
    10 years ago

I like the flavor of the chocolate bhut..also a lot of the brazilian peppers are hot but have a fruity flavor..I've heard the brown moruga is a better tasting variety..but overly hot? I think Judy from pepperlover has those..you have to send her a message not for sale yet..maybe next year..she still may have dry ones

This post was edited by tony469 on Wed, Jul 24, 13 at 8:47

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES