Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The tiniest pepper I have seen.

Posted by RonnyB123 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 21:50

Anybody got smaller then this. Not a dried pepper.

Fully ripe hybrid peter. For comparison: right side is a ripe Chenzo pepper (aprox 1in) not including any green (just the pepper). The left small one is about 5 lines on the ruler-quarter of a inch. Middle is the same species, a little bigger.

I'm afraid if I dried it, it would simply disappear. Not that I would.
Bet there isn't even 1 seed in there. LOL

This post was edited by RonnyB123 on Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 21:55

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The tiniest pepper I have seen.

On a penny

o

I have. Usually it's an aborted pod that stays connected to the plant. One year, I overwintered a hab and there were tons of tiny ones that ripened in like April. Also, finishing flushes in a season will put out tons of pretty small ones on plants like my Guajillos and such.

Kevin

o

Tiny Tabasco

o

I harvested some labuyos in December that were about that size. I don't bring the plants inside... ever, so when it dips into the upper 40s at night (brrr!) I think the plant gives up on growing fruit and just tries to ripen what it's got. Hence the small fruit.

o

I've had many of those. My Habanero plant seems especially keen on putting out these and raisin sized peppers. I overwintered it last year, and it is finally starting to put out decent sized pods.

o

Piquins and tepins are mostly that size.

o

Yes, those are naturally small, but were talking about those that are stunted, maybe overwintered pods, or just the smallest of the small.

Have you seen a Piquin or Tepin half the size of a normal one that turned red?

o

Half sized tepin?

*gets out magnifying glass*

o

LMAO.

OK maybe I should have said half size Pequin.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here