Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wideglidesmb

trinidad scorpions

wideglidesmb
10 years ago

Hi folks, new member here. I just started trying to grow hot peppers this year and did lots of research and have been growing ghost peppers and trinidad scorpions from seeds. i started them in Feb indoors and now have pepeprs on all my plants...the ghost peppers are still green but ive tried 1 so far and its blazing hot. the scorpions are just starting to turn color and i tried the first to turn almost completely red...and nothing...no heat whatsoever...zilch.

IS this common to have the 1st one off the plant have nothing?...its baffling how it has less heat than a stick of butter.

Comments (4)

• tony469
    10 years ago

I have heard of some morugas being duds..I personally have never had a dud..there are trinadad perfume peppers that are not hot..just have to wait and see and maybe check your seed source

• wideglidesmb
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks Joe..after some further research im going to stop watering them and look into some calcium and potash sources after reading that helps. As far as source goes i bought both sets of seeds off ebay..the ghost came from colorado and the trinidads came from only 40 miles from me. This year is my learning experience year. hopefully they will come into some heat later in the season...the ghost are very hot already so i know they are gonna be good...thanks for the help

• scorpion_john
    10 years ago

I have had green ones that had no heat, but never a ripe one. Don't buy seeds from ebay, too many people have had bad experiences with that. pepperlover.com is a good place. or email me this fall. I will have all kinds of seeds for free. This year I have 750 pepper plants, roughly 75 varieties which include most of the superhots. John

• chilliwin
    10 years ago

I have Moruga Blend it's really hot.

Just like Scr.John said, ebay may not be a good seeds source. My 7 Pod Brain Strain, Scorpion Butch T and Gornong are not real.

Choose the right seeds sources, good luck.

Caelian

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County