Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rjharcher

Hot Hot Peppers not growing

rjharcher
10 years ago

I am trying to grow some Giant Ghost, Barack Por, and a couple other scorpion varieties this year for the first time. I have been growing Habanaroes (sp) for close to 13 years. I had one hab plant that was over 12 before I let it die due to an aphid infestation I could get rid of and didnt want to transfer to my new home in oregon. Anyway, I started my peppers from seed I got from a couple online sites. I had 60% germination on my giant ghost pepper seeds and about 25% to 50% on the other varieties. My problem is after they got about 4 inches tall I transplanted them to their 5 gallon buckets and they stopped growing. I have never had problems with doing this process before when I grew in my solrarium in alaska. I now live here in Bend Oregon and have the plants out on my deck. The weather has been clear and sunny with the exception of 2 weeks of rain early June. Temps are mostly high 80's to close to 100 with bright sunshine. My deck stays in the 90 to 100 range all day with the exception the deck itself gets so hot you can not walk on it. I figured the peppers would thrive on my deck, I have been wrong. Could they be getting to hot? Should I elevate them off the deck? I took some of them out of their buckets and put them back in small pots and brought them inside and they seem to be taking off. Any suggestion would be appreciated. I also treated them with dolimite lime because they were planted in Promix. I use osmicoat for fertilizer.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus