Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some maruga shots

Posted by peppers_galore 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 22:19

I'm about to have a whole lot of heat. Pretty surprised at the production on this plant. Its my first year growing them and didn't expect this many. I hope the ripening one is ready soon. I'm just about out of blazing vodka for my Bloody Mary's.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some maruga shots

A close up shot of some more.

o

Awesome pods!
My Moruga has popped out his first 2 pods. They are still very small though.
Are those in-ground plants?

Stoney

o

Thanks. Yes this one is in the ground. Almost all of my plants are in the ground. It had an early start though. I started this one in September and grew it inside until the spring. It was sort of a house plant without much lighting. I think it went into the ground around 4 May. We had a late freeze, but it pulled through without too many issues.

o

That blazing vodka sounds intriguing. Care to share a recipe? Does it need refrigerated? Awesome pods by the way!

o

Scott, I don't know how pepper galore does, I just throw in some red dry chili peppers. It just stays there for months. Never used fresh peppers. Once in a while a get a shot or make a bloody mary. I just tried one shot . It is nice n hot. I don't drink hard stuff that much. My marinated vodka is over 6 months old. .

o

Nice to see another forum member growing in the soil. I think we are the exception on this site.Most members grow in containers. Zone 5 also. Being your first year you must feel real good with results like that.Im growing Brown Morugas this year but have not yet grown the reds.Maybe we can do a swap this fall. I would even consider fresh for fresh saving us both a year to sample a different verity. Not planting the red was an over site of mine and I really have no excuse for that the seeds were available from other members I just traded for others and somehow overlooked that one until it was to late.Nice looking Plant.

o

Scott. I do refrigerate mine, but it probably doesn't need it. I put two marugas in a quart mason jar with the vodka. I refrigerate at this time and left the peppers in the jars for about five days. I use about half spiced and half regular vodka and some Zing Zang.

Pepperdave. I'm all for swapping and I'm good with fresh. I have about 60 varieties from sweet to super hot and may have some others you might want to try. I'll message you as soon as I start getting ripe ones.

o

Looks great.... Mine are at the same stage as yours. Have a few that are full on deep orange color but waiting until fully red... All in ground as well in K.C. I have a few Moruga plants with a Brain Strain texture, I'll post a pic later this evening.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here