Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hey folks my first Hab!!!

Posted by toolstack 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 11, 14 at 22:21

Wow that was fast just the other day nothing lol.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hey folks my first Hab!!!

• Posted by djoy 5-6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 11, 14 at 22:31

Awesome!

Since you showed us yours I will show you mine too. First hab, first pepper from seed

photo ResizedImage_1405131954823_zpsa85a365e.jpg

Love this stuff!!

dj

o

Nice toolstack!

Here is mine also grown from seed :-)

photo 20140710_124706_zps4ojwy3qf.jpg

o

Awesome! This plant is store bought but I had a lot of problems at first with it. I didn't think I'd see a pepper on it. Lol.
Stoney yours always look wicked!

#WINNING!

o

Stoney: the lobes on yours leads me to believe it's not a typical hab. It's very hab like, but the lobes throw me.

Anybody?

Congrats to you all. Now only another month or 2 before they're ready(except stoney). lol

Exciting, isn't it guys?

Kevin

o

Yes it is!! All that work, sweat, and worry paid off were finally halfway there lol. Stoneys doesn't look like a true hab to me but I'm new to it.
Still like the way it looks.
Randal

o

Kevin...lol!

Yeah, I don't think it's a true hab. I'm betting it's way hotter.
I'll let you know soon!
I'm obsessed with this stuff!

Stoney

o

• Posted by djoy 5-6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 11, 14 at 23:54

Randal, yours looks like it has a little scorpion tail on it?? ha ha maybe yours will be even hotter??.

Cheers!= had a few :-)

dj

o

Regular Red Hab

o

Solar Flare Hab- First pod

o

Mine has the tail like your red habanero Ronny.
Stoney there is a thread up by Chad5 that has a picture of a carribian red that looks like your picture above.
Randal

o

toolstack, I believe this one with the tail was a variant that I overwintered last year. Usually these look just like the orange habs you get in the store but red.

I have another variant that looks like white habs, small and round but red. It is still growing. Hopefully, it will flower soon.

o

Stoney

That pepper in the picture has the appearance of a Red or Orange Scotch Bonnet. The vertical ribs are typical of a Scotch Bonnet. They should be a little hotter than a Habanero. Well or could ... maybe a hybrid, but it seems to have some or all Scotch Bonnet in it.

Thomas

o

Ok, thanks!

I think it might be a red scotch bonnet then :-)
Bought seeds as trinidad scorpion..lol!

Stoney

o

I have a plant that was supposed to be a thai but looks like a Cheyenne and instead of turning red the pods are turning yellow.
Randal

o

Mine are just moving and setting. O, well .PNW

But the milder vars. are doing fine. I have harvested some HHW already. NO hab to be had. hehe

o

Seysonn I'm pnw also but on the east side of the cascades.
Randal

o

Update to previous picture.

o

Man those are turning red fast! My Cheyenne are the same way just a couple of days ago barely orange hue by the stem and now almost all red.
Randal

o

I'm growing habs for the first time this year. Made a roasted pineapple sauce out of the first batch of peppers and was surprised it was a little on the mild side.

So with the next weeks pickings I made a peach sauce and doubled up on the habs. Big mistake! I had to make a double batch of the sauce without more habs to get the heat down and it's still a bit hotter than I prefer.

So don't be surprised if the heat's not all there on the first few. Surely it will be soon. ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here