Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20039395

Hey folks my first Hab!!!

User
9 years ago

Wow that was fast just the other day nothing lol.

Comments (19)

• djoyofficial
    9 years ago

Awesome!

Since you showed us yours I will show you mine too. First hab, first pepper from seed

Love this stuff!!

dj

• stoneys_fatali
    9 years ago

Nice toolstack!

Here is mine also grown from seed :-)

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Awesome! This plant is store bought but I had a lot of problems at first with it. I didn't think I'd see a pepper on it. Lol.
    Stoney yours always look wicked!

#WINNING!

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    9 years ago

Stoney: the lobes on yours leads me to believe it's not a typical hab. It's very hab like, but the lobes throw me.

Anybody?

Congrats to you all. Now only another month or 2 before they're ready(except stoney). lol

Exciting, isn't it guys?

Kevin

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes it is!! All that work, sweat, and worry paid off were finally halfway there lol. Stoneys doesn't look like a true hab to me but I'm new to it.
    Still like the way it looks.
    Randal

• stoneys_fatali
    9 years ago

Kevin...lol!

Yeah, I don't think it's a true hab. I'm betting it's way hotter.
    I'll let you know soon!
    I'm obsessed with this stuff!

Stoney

• djoyofficial
    9 years ago

Randal, yours looks like it has a little scorpion tail on it?? ha ha maybe yours will be even hotter??.

Cheers!= had a few :-)

dj

• ronnyb123
    9 years ago

Regular Red Hab

• ronnyb123
    9 years ago

Solar Flare Hab- First pod

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mine has the tail like your red habanero Ronny.
    Stoney there is a thread up by Chad5 that has a picture of a carribian red that looks like your picture above.
    Randal

• ronnyb123
    9 years ago

toolstack, I believe this one with the tail was a variant that I overwintered last year. Usually these look just like the orange habs you get in the store but red.

I have another variant that looks like white habs, small and round but red. It is still growing. Hopefully, it will flower soon.

• thomas7608
    9 years ago

Stoney

That pepper in the picture has the appearance of a Red or Orange Scotch Bonnet. The vertical ribs are typical of a Scotch Bonnet. They should be a little hotter than a Habanero. Well or could ... maybe a hybrid, but it seems to have some or all Scotch Bonnet in it.

Thomas

• stoneys_fatali
    9 years ago

Ok, thanks!

I think it might be a red scotch bonnet then :-)
    Bought seeds as trinidad scorpion..lol!

Stoney

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have a plant that was supposed to be a thai but looks like a Cheyenne and instead of turning red the pods are turning yellow.
    Randal

• seysonn
    9 years ago

Mine are just moving and setting. O, well .PNW

But the milder vars. are doing fine. I have harvested some HHW already. NO hab to be had. hehe

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Seysonn I'm pnw also but on the east side of the cascades.
    Randal

• ronnyb123
    9 years ago

Update to previous picture.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Man those are turning red fast! My Cheyenne are the same way just a couple of days ago barely orange hue by the stem and now almost all red.
    Randal

• Mecdave Zone 8/HZ 9
    9 years ago

I'm growing habs for the first time this year. Made a roasted pineapple sauce out of the first batch of peppers and was surprised it was a little on the mild side.

So with the next weeks pickings I made a peach sauce and doubled up on the habs. Big mistake! I had to make a double batch of the sauce without more habs to get the heat down and it's still a bit hotter than I prefer.

So don't be surprised if the heat's not all there on the first few. Surely it will be soon. ;)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville