Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
IDing pepper

Posted by Kes2883 NW Indiana (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 13, 12 at 22:26

Hello,
I have a very casual small garden with an unidentified plant in it. My husband brought home a pepper plant and I popped it in without even thinking about reading the tags. I remember it said something about sweet and spicy or hot on the tag. The plant has stayed quiet small only maybe 6 ins tall and kind of bush like with darker green leaves. Does anyone recognize it? My best guess so far has been a habanero. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: IDing pepper

It's really hard to tell from this picture, and pod shapes can vary greatly even on the same node so it's hard to tell from just one picture. It looks like it has some pest damage or rot, and I'm guessing it's not ripe. I googled pepper pictures real fast and found unripe aji limo, ghost pepper, bhut jolokia, habanero and jalapeno pictures that look like that. Eat it and post what it tastes like, that will help narrow it down.

o
RE: IDing pepper

Did it say Texas sweet heat?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here