Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Halloween Themed Peppers

Posted by Edymnion 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 14, 12 at 22:39

I already have several peppers and projects going for this year, but I think I'd like to have even more of theme going for next year. And since I'm a Halloween nut, I want to keep going with that again next year and expand on it.

I currently have NuMex Halloween peppers (ornamentals with black and orange peppers), as well as my nuclears in halloween style decorative settings.

I've seen recently that there is a Pumpkin Habanero that produces ribbed orange pods, that could go on the list as well.

Anyone else know of some good peppers I could grow that would fit a Halloween theme (or that could be made to fit)?

I'm thinking black and orange peppers would be the most obvious ones to start with, but does anyone know if there are actual white peppers, preferably long ones (bones) or larger round ones (skulls)? Only one I really know of is the White Habanero.

I know I'll be planting some orange bells that can be carved into pepper jack-o-lanterns, but how about monster themed peppers? I know I'll grow bhuts again (ghost peppers), anyone know if there is anything like a witch pepper or a wolf pepper? Nothing shows on google for those, but never know.

Anywho, just getting ideas on things to do for next time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Halloween Themed Peppers

pimenta de neyde

I plan on growing it next year

o

Those are neat, but dude, have you seen some of the other stuff those things lead to?

Look up "Pimenta Tiger AISPES", they're stabilizing actual freaking tiger striped red/black peppers! Holy crap!

o

Yeah I was actually going to grow them to try my hand at breading something! There nuts the hippy seed company has them, that's how I started digging into them

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here