Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
End rot, sunburn, or something else?

Posted by wezil none (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 22, 11 at 22:40

https://picasaweb.google.com/m/viewer#photo/wezil9/5632174454335483153/5632174530300703570

I hope this link works.
Does anybody have any ideas what might be going on with my banana purports? They are in pots and get less sun than my banshees and jalapenos.
Thanks in advance.

Brad

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: End rot, sunburn, or something else?

• Posted by esox07 4, S. Cent Wisc (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 23, 11 at 0:02

I couldnt get the link to work. Looks like it requires a sign in account.

o

We can try this one:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/LU_LA3hw4YBvkg46sn8Mgw?feat=email

o

Looks like blossom end rot. Increase cvalcium to plant.

o

If it's blossom end rot, calcium likely won't help, especially at this late date. Would have to ensure it's in the potting mix from the get go.

If new potting mix this year, all should be fine as as provide a consistent supply of water.

Oh yes, and avoid excessively high ambient temperatures as they can foil even consistently moist growing mix.

o

Yep, looks like blossom end rot.

Are you providing Calcium in your fertilizer?

Josh

o

jean, you are incorrect that calcium will not help. if he added something like bone meal or an organic then yes, that prob will not help. but if he were to get calcium in liquid form and supply it when he waters then the plant will be getting the calcium needed. i forgot to add lime to my mix as i am new to mixing my own mix. so i found a way to break down the lime using vinegar and i supply a little bit when i feed the plants and well all the peppers i have so far have not had BER i had it bad with my bells last year and i have 3 peppers on it now so my fingers are crossed that i solved this particular problem.

Eric

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here