Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fatalii Seeds dot net questions

Posted by Orekoc none (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 22:56

Hello once again,

I was wondering, I did do a search, but didn't find much, if they are safe to order from. I mean, do they ship the correctly labeled seeds, have good germination, can get seeds into the USA (I know for a while it was a pain), etc. Yes the prices are a bit high and they only promise 5 seeds at minimum, but I don't remember seeing the ones that interest me at other seed vendors. If I can find theses seeds here, I'd rather not order from Finland. I think the two Fatalii Gourmet are exclusives to Fatalii Seeds and I won't find them to buy here.

Also, I doubt I'd grow them all next year, as there are others I want to try, but if I do order, I'd get as many as I think I want to avoid having to order again. Thanks.

I'm looking at :

White Naga
Habanero, White Giant
Lantern
Fatalii Gourmet Rocato
Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw
Cheiro Roxa
Cajamarca
Blondie
White Fatalii
Pimenta Kathumby Mustard
Pimenta Diomar
Peach Bhut Jolokia
Murupi Amarela

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fatalii Seeds dot net questions

I've never ordered from them but as a side note, have you seen their picture gallery!
Holy moly!
I love those bonsais! I'm trying to do this with either my yellow Fatali or my Ghost. My Fatali has a massive super straight trunk so it may be him.

Stoney

o

Stoney,

Yes, they have some beautiful pictures there and the bonsai are quite nice. I wish I had talent like that. Alas, I just have to settle for my incredible good looks and suffer watching all the talented, but less beautiful people. Sigh.

o

Man that's quite a gallery. Pretty neat site wonder where they are located. I see the pricing is in euros.
Randal

o

Word is that they are the real deal. Reliable suppliers. No trouble getting into the US. I'd order from them if I didn't already have so many seeds from members here.

Dennis

o

Lots of great pics in his explanation on how to create them.

They seem to fruit prolifically!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bonchi (Bonsai Chiles)

o

I forgot to answer Randal's question, he's in Finland.

photo FatalliDotNet.jpg

o

This guys been doing peppers for maybe 30 years. He really knows what he's doing as far as growing is concerned. If you have seen the pictures of his greenhouses showing papers growing from the floor to 6 get high, you can see he has a great setup.
As far as buying seeds, he is a bit expensive and you get small amounts of seeds per pack. The sets have to come from Finland and you have to think about having a general import export permit, or the required phyto on any seeds coming into the US, but my jigsaw seeds came here to Florida, no problem.

o

Excellent site for everything peppers. It's a shame the photos aren't labeled. I'm wondering what these are...

Here is a link that might be useful: Fatalii's pepper

o

Commonly known as Brazilian Starfish.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brazilian Starfish Pics

o

Looks like a Brazilian Starfish pepper

o

@Plantsman56 - can you tell me how to get the "general import export permit, or the required phyto on any seeds coming into the US?"

Thanks!

o

Small lots of seeds for personal use are suppose to have APHIS (Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service) inspect the seeds before you receive them and do not need phytosanitary certification which is issued by the exporting country for bulk shipments. Read the section Small lots of seeds: in the attached link.

The flip side of this is there are hundreds of seed sellers from overseas selling on eBay. Do you think they are following the letter of the law?

Hope this helps!
NECM

Here is a link that might be useful: ENTRY STATUS OF SEEDS FOR PLANTING - SUMMARY

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here