Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
richiebaker1245

Hot chilli pickle

richiebaker1245
11 years ago

Ok, so I had lots of chillis, and they were starting to go soft, despite me eating them with everything.

Thought I cook 'em all off, add this and that, and mash 'em up!

Here is my attempt...

Comments (15)

• richiebaker1245
    Original Author
    11 years ago

So, into a big pan goes olive oil, lots of garlic, lots of chillies, onion, salt, sugar, black pepper, wholegrain mustard, jerk seasoning, worcestershire sauce, tomatoe puree, ginger & white wine vinegar!

Cooked it all on a high heat until nicely softened...

• richiebaker1245
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Did I mention I also put crazy Jerries mustard gas in, and also some of Daves insanity sauce?

Spice it up a bit more! ;-)

• richiebaker1245
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Into the blender it all goes to get mashed up. Needed a bigger blender really.

Looks like sh*t, but hopefully it will taste ok.

• richiebaker1245
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Next I sterilised the biggest jar I could find with boiling water and homebrew sterilser. It's very good stuff - I've never had a bad batch of beer yet, and it's 100 percent none toxic and leaves no taste.

Let my concoction cool down, and fill my jar.

• richiebaker1245
    Original Author
    11 years ago

So, how does it taste?

One cheese sandwich later, my mouth is burning, but not unpleasantly so.

The pickle doesn't look too appealing, but it tastes great!

Just off to make another cheese sandwich... :-)

• peppermeister1
    11 years ago

Nice pics Richie. Those ingredients sound great together! I bet that mash would make for a great soup base as well. Making me hungry.

• peppermeister1
    11 years ago

Well, we know what Richie's up to over there across the pond. Link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shoplifter steals chilli

• Edymnion
    11 years ago

Oh yeah, I saw that one this morning too. Vomiting over a lousy hab, what a lightweight. =P

• richiebaker1245
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I was really looking forward to blowin' a tune on that clarinet too! Anyone wanna volunteer to water my plants whilst I'm at her majesty's pleasure? Chilli porridge and water for a while... :-(

• richiebaker1245
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Anyway peppermeister, why the hell are you reading the daily mirror? It'd be sort of like me reading the NY Times. I don't have time to read the papers because a.) i have to work b.) who cares if prince Harry is naked & c.) I'm busy checking who has posted on this forum! Oh, and I'm trying to nurture some plants that shouldn't be here! :-)
    :-) i'm only joking! I'm just glad our news makes it across the big pond, ur news is more exciting, we're always watching American TV thanks to sky, everything is better and bigger! I like that one where they build custom bikes at the mo! Never owned a chopper, a 50ccmoped when I was 16. my Missus loves judge judy and has done for years!
    Anyway, sorry to go off the post, but i'm shocked you've even heard of the mirror, been Florida twice, gonna visit America many more times hopefully! Love it & so friendly ! Oh, and I can speak the lingo.

• peppermeister1
    11 years ago

Well, Richie, my wife has been begging me to make a visit over there to J.O.E. for the longest time. I'm pretty sure she thinks everyone over there is either a harry potter character or Jude Law.

• richiebaker1245
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey Peppermeister, not sure what J.O.E. is, but you'd love it here... We don't all speak the Queens English you know! You'd love all the history, buildings and the rolling fields of green country side. I live in Cheshire, where there's lots of farming (Cheshire cheese), lots of small towns and villages. We moved to Crewe a couple of years back, a town born from the birth of the railway era, but was born & bred in Nantwich, Cheshire. Google it and you'll see what I mean about beautiful buildings and history!

Anyway, I'd better shut up, it's not a geography forum! ;-)

Rich...

• peppermeister1
    11 years ago

Wow, a historic town and cheese, my wife is sold! As long as you're not too far from the cadbury factory, I'm sure my wife wouldn't dropping in for a visit! That is, if I could ever leave my peppers for that long.

J.O.E. Jolly Ol England

• richiebaker1245
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ha ha! The Cadbury factory is in Birmingham, an hour away. Our island is tiny compared to yours! When we went to Florida, we looked on the map and thought, oh Daytona beach is down the road... Three hours later, then three hours back... Think it was Jacksonville way? Worth a visit though

• chilliwin
    10 years ago

Finally I found, what I have to do with my chilies :-)

Thanks a lot :-)

Caelian

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH