Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scgreenthumb1987

post your daily haul :-)

scgreenthumb1987
10 years ago

Wanted to start a thread for all to post our daily pride lol. Today mine was small but I'm looking at a ton of orange habs ( one plant is so loaded the limbs are to the ground )

Comments (54)

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nice. What are the dark purple ones?

• Boost313
    10 years ago

They are chocolate habanero's and bhut jolokias. Color doesn't really show good on my phone pics.

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I wanna grow chocolate habs next year. I have orange now and red on the way

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    10 years ago

Scgreenthumb, shoot me an email if you would like chocolate Hab seeds.

Mark

• chilliwin
    10 years ago

Scgreenthumb, I do not like to harvest my ripe pods now :-) because I do not have a definite plan for the pods. I have many ripe pods now mainly Scorpion, Ghost Orange, Aji Amarilo, Lemon Drops and some wild chilies.

I really enjoy to see the fruits/pods here, thank you for this thread and sharing.

Caelian

• rodnebridges
    10 years ago

Just the ripe ones from this morning. I unintentionally have 11 jalapeno plants, so i usually have 3-5 red and corked ones every day. The long curly ones are Cayennes for those who were not sure.

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Chiliwin I have an addiction lol so mine get picked daily. Either eaten raw, dehydrated, canned or given away.if I don't have a nice fresh hab with at least 2 meals a day I'm not happy and withdrawals suck lol.

Habjolokia email sent

Rodnebridges nice. I harvest around a grocery bag of cayenne a week. For some reason my jalapeños will not turn red for love nor money.

• chilliwin
    10 years ago

Scgreenthumb, me too, without hot chilli everything is tasteless for me. I am able to handle two habs for one meal. This time I started from Snow White, one pod for one meal but I hiccuped and many dirty words F and S came out from my mouth. it was hotter than hab. I do not know they are real snow white. Next, Ghost Orange, Scorpion and 7 Pod just a very small piece for every meal. They are real appetizer for me now.

Enjoy the fresh hot.

Caelian

• rodnebridges
    10 years ago

Tobacsos mfs !!

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lol nice. I haven't got much this week. Wind and rain plus a 30 degree temp change

• seysonn
    10 years ago

I am a spice person myself an like hot spicy food. I have grown some hot peppers in the past, BUT NOTHING ever CAME CLOSE TO SOME OF THE STUFF YOU GUYS HAVE HERE. You are fantastic.

Hottest pepper I have grown probably has been habs and birds eye.

• DMForcier
    10 years ago

Don't tell The Guardian but I've discovered that scorpion_john and at least one other un-named person here are growing for a secret Government weapons program.

[john claims to have been flooded out this year but I think it's an effect of sequestration - they just weren't buying as many as he usually produces.]

So its a damn good thing we're all good Americans here .. oh wait .. uhhh ...

Never Mind!

• peppernovice
    10 years ago

Here's mine from a couple days ago.

Tim

• rodnebridges
    10 years ago

Cool Tim !! Very nice haul !! I recognize a few, but for me and the sake of those who might not know, tell us who all is on the roster here !!!

• peppernovice
    10 years ago

Ok here the list:

Caribbean Red Habanero
    Orange Habanero
    Bhut Jolokia (Ghost)
    Red Fatali
    Yellow Fatali
    Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend
    Tobago Sweet
    Douglah
    Yellow Devil's Tongue

I think that's it.

Tim

• peppermeister1
    10 years ago

Rodney, those are some plump tabascos! I highly suggest making some fermented sriracha sauce with those ripe jalapenos, best use I have found for the red ones.

TIm, that haul is glorious, I can just imagine the smell of your place as you process those beauties. I'm still a couple of weeks away, but this thread is helping me get by, thanks for sharing guys.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peppermeister Roulette

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lil more each time Lol

• judo_and_peppers
    10 years ago

well, we got hail and 60mph wind gusts yesterday, I was outside installing a shelf when the first of the gusts hit, and blew a tree over not far from me. so I had to haul ass, and haul all 10 pots in under cover before they got annihilated.

does that count?

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lil more each time Lol

{{!gwi}}

• chilliwin
    10 years ago

Respecting the thread with my Wild Chili C.Chacoense and Aji Chuncho :)

{{gwi:1198149}}

Caelian

• rodnebridges
    10 years ago

Tim it's funny you mentioned that.. Sriacha is exactly what I was gonna try to make with those guys for me and a friend of mine who loves the stuff.

Serannos to the left (which turned out to be pleasantly hotter than I though they would be ! Suitable for breakfast fare !!), my first Butch T there in the middle, F patience, it's ripe enough and is currently on a cooking pizza as we speak. Last but not least but not, least red ripe, corked Jalapenos

• rodnebridges
    10 years ago

Tim it's funny you mentioned that.. Sriacha is exactly what I was gonna try to make with those guys for me and a friend of mine who loves the stuff.

Serannos to the left (which turned out to be pleasantly hotter than I though they would be ! Suitable for breakfast fare !!), my first Butch T there in the middle, F patience, it's ripe enough and is currently on a cooking pizza as we speak. Last but not least but not, least red ripe, corked Jalapenos

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey random question... I like sriacha but kinda lacks heat...can I make it out of say habs or bhut?

• cjohansen
    10 years ago

Here's my catch for today. Had to pick some pretty small Poblanos as the plant is really taken back by the weather, which is getting colder. Also, my Habaneros are ridiculously small (pea-sized), but at least plentiful.

• rodnebridges
    10 years ago

@scgreenthumb..... In my humble opinion all recipes can have substituted ingredients or different measurements according to taste !! Will it be "traditional" ? maybe not, maybe so. Will you like it if you make it how you like... probably !!! :)

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This weather is killing me. Everything stopped turning ripe. And today all I got was one funny looking bhut and one funny lil banana..

• scorpion_john
    10 years ago

DM, Not flooded, just running a little behind. had a medical problem this spring so stuff got put out a little late then too much rain put things further behind, but things are doing good now. just starting to ripen up, and save seeds.as for the weapons program, I wish that was true, they waste money on everything else, why not? put in a good word for me lol. john

• PepperGuy222
    10 years ago

We've got orange bell, green bells left on to ripen red, charleston hots at the top and Naga Vipers in the giant bunch. Time to get saucy ;)

• peppernovice
    10 years ago

PepperGuy.....Have you tried those Vipers yet? Just wondering about the heat and the flavor.

Tim

• PepperGuy222
    10 years ago

Well the flavor is REALLY SMOKEY, it's amazing, but after that it's an unbearable heat that knocks you on you're a**. Without a doubt hotter than a Bhut, and definitly rivals brain strain and 7-pot. But overall, it's really good flavor, I will be enjoying them!

• mctiggs
    10 years ago

Salsa time mfs!!

I spent 5 hours making and canning salsa yesterday. 8 pints! Sorry for throwing some tomatoes in here - the peps are Wenk's, Jalapeno, Pasilla Bajio (hidden in there somewhere), and some plant labeled "Jalapeno" that my wife got in the discount bin for $2 (for 6 plants). Clearly it is not a jalapeno, it is much hotter. This, plus canning 2 more jars of pickled Wenks last night and I was ready for bed.

Still no c. Chinese to report, I check this thread daily to keep my spirits up that they will ripen.

Keep up the awesome work, all of you.

• judo_and_peppers
    10 years ago

today's haul

ghost, brain strain, fat thai, and a ton of tabasco.

now, time to make some hot sauce.

• tn_gardening
    10 years ago

I think these are some Aji Amarillo peppers?

I'm trying to do the fermented pepper sauce stuff for the first time with these.

• Bill_Missy
    10 years ago

Just picked these....

• littlepepperboy
    10 years ago

Today's pull.

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    10 years ago

.todays

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    10 years ago

.todays

{{!gwi}}

• sandy0225
    10 years ago

Here's today's picking for farmers market tomorrow

Here is a link that might be useful:

This post was edited by sandy0225 on Fri, Aug 30, 13 at 15:42

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Show off...lol

• bberkmor
    10 years ago

Pics include TS Butch T, Bhut Jolokia, Orange Habanero, Red Savina Habenero, Christmas Bell(Bishops crown)

Last Fridays Haul:

Today's:

Large Orange Hab, 2 Large Butch T and a Bhut

• PepperGuy222
    10 years ago

bberkmor those funny looking orange ones are bell peppers of some kind? Is there any way we can work out a trade of some sort so I can get my hands on a pod or two...or three? Haha I've never seen those before

• peppernovice
    10 years ago

Harvested these yesterday.

Tim

• DMForcier
    10 years ago

Okay, that's just rubbing it in!

Next you'll be making salsa by stomping them in vats like grapes!

• Armageddon
    10 years ago

here are a few 7 pot browns i just picked today starting to see a lot of color trough out the gardens should have tons of photos soon also have tested one of these pods just the other day has a nice fruity flavor with a pretty mean punch .

• bberkmor
    10 years ago

@PepperGuy222 Are you talking about the peppers with the wings? They are Christmas bells/Bishops crowns (ripen to red) The Light Orange peppers (Top of the Toonies) are Habaneros. Let me know when you want to trade, is your trade list up to date?

This post was edited by bberkmor on Sat, Aug 31, 13 at 15:18

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    10 years ago

A pic of my Bhuts, I only had three plants this season. Bhut, white Hab, and mystery crossed BP

Mark

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    10 years ago

White bullet Hab and mystery BP cross

Mark

• leafericson
    10 years ago

Very nice harvest to everyone, seems like a great year. Congrats!!!

Ok here we go....

Today's Harvest..

And some from last week..

• PepperGuy222
    10 years ago

My trade list is not up to trade what so ever. All I really have to trade anymore is Naga Viper seeds/Pods and Charleston Peppers/seeds. Im all out of most of my seeds, but, Id really like to trade if you want some Viper pods? Let me know, shoot me an email.

• chilliwin
    10 years ago

It is a real pleasure to see all of your remarkable harvests.

First time I saw my plants getting ripe pods I was over exciting and unwilling to harvest. Usually some of us here (DK) like to keep/keep our plants inside the room as a luxury item. Some people are eagerly waiting to pickle or eat or whatever they like to do with their fruits just like you do.

Still now I am not harvesting my chili plants only I take a couple of them for daily meal whenever I need. Sometimes I am worry about harmful insects and possible problems to keep the ripe fruits very long time without harvesting it.

Sometimes I am not posting any post but I keep reading most of your posts :-) . Thank you all for sharing your daily haul.

Caelian