Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help IDing?

Posted by david883 5/6 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 6:17

Sorry - the picture isn't very clear. I saw these little ones on a garden walk the other day and I loved just the look of them. On the same plant there were multicolored peppers from yellow, to orange, to red, to purple. I know it could just be different stages of ripeness of the peppers but I had to ask. They were growing in a vegetable garden so I'm inclined to think they aren't just ornamentals of some sort. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks again!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help IDing?

I have one called "sangria". It is a miniature plant. I over wintered it and now it is loaded with pod.
Start with purple pods Then turn red.

o

Yes, the colors are different stages of ripening. They go green purple yellow orange red. The ornamental Numex Twilight has this characteristic, and, assuming that the top yellow thing is a leaf and not a pod, the pod shape looks right for Twilight.

Dennis

o

Looks just like Twilight Numex! Thanks, Dennis! I might look into growing some of these just for their looks alone :)

seysonn - those are amazing! I love the purple color. How do they taste!?

o

David.

I have also NuMex. They have similar colors as sangria. But Sangria has no heat but NMTL is hot hot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here