Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
introducing "vulcan cayenne"

Posted by scgreenthumb1987 8 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 21, 14 at 6:49

This is my chocolate bhut jolokia x red cayenne f1 I've named vulcan cayenne after the god of fire. Insanely high production rate. Amazing flavor, and a heat level that I'd put at about the same as yellow fatali. I'll be working to stabilize this strain over the next few seasons.

Side note I also have a peach bhut x Peter pepper I'm working with. Year of the crosses I guess.....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: introducing "vulcan cayenne"

Just to show the peach bhut x Peter pepper

o

"Just to show the peach bhut x Peter pepper"

That one should have carried a "Not Safe for Work" warning. lol

o

Very interesting, my cayenne are really pungent, how about your Vulcan?

o

That pb x pp should carry an obscenity warning.

Dennis

o

Cool, and I like your peter! ... are most of the fruit on the plant developing like a Peter? If that form tends to have strong genes, I might have to push harder at the pasilla x peter. Although since red is supposed to be dominant I figured I'd go with my yellow or orange peter for the cross.
Pam

o

Great job on both of your new pepper crosses.

Looking forward to hear more about them.

Sandy

o

[my turn - for a change...]

Naughty, naughty Pam!

Now, what does a naughty girl deserve? That's right. More .. uh .. peppers!

I'll be in my bunk.

This post was edited by DMForcier on Fri, Aug 22, 14 at 14:35

o

DMF!!! You are so BAD!
Pam

o

Lmao. All I did was post one Peter and it leads to those kinda comments? Lol.

No I've only gotten 5 so far that looked like that. Most of them look like that except instead of a "head" it has a tail.

o

I think we've proved that DMF and I can't be left alone without getting into trouble. ;-) I think you've motivated me to get to work. I've always felt we are missing out on a chocolate Peter.
Pam

o
Are we off topic yet?

I ain't goin' there neither.

But I want seeds when you can pry one out of your hands.

o

Since it's already a bhut x Peter pepper I wonder if I can cross it with a black naga.....wait, it have to be one of my huge chocolate bhuts, gotta have the stereotypes right lol.

On a truthful note.... why the heck is the peach Peter so much smaller than a normal, true, red one. The largest peach I've picked was maybe an inch and a half long. Seeing as my peach bhuts are WAY larger than a Peter pepper I don't see where the small pod size came from

o

I picked a couple of peach that were bigger, but not the size of the red, but bigger than my peters.

I don't know, I think a pasilla would be better for crossing.

I was talking with the husband last night and saying how it'd be kinda fun to cross the peter with a white pepper. but all my whites are small, like the aribibi gusano, it's tiny.. the white bhut is bigger, blondie looks bigger than the gusano, but I'm not growing that, but....again, do we want to go with stereotypes. ;-)

Pam

o

Your husband seems to be totally okay about your obsession with peters.

o

Boy, I really wish you were close by so I could slap you! ;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here