Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scgreenthumb1987

introducing "vulcan cayenne"

scgreenthumb1987
9 years ago

This is my chocolate bhut jolokia x red cayenne f1 I've named vulcan cayenne after the god of fire. Insanely high production rate. Amazing flavor, and a heat level that I'd put at about the same as yellow fatali. I'll be working to stabilize this strain over the next few seasons.

Side note I also have a peach bhut x Peter pepper I'm working with. Year of the crosses I guess.....

Comments (15)

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Just to show the peach bhut x Peter pepper

• Mecdave Zone 8/HZ 9
    9 years ago

"Just to show the peach bhut x Peter pepper"

That one should have carried a "Not Safe for Work" warning. lol

• toolstack
    9 years ago

Very interesting, my cayenne are really pungent, how about your Vulcan?

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

That pb x pp should carry an obscenity warning.

Dennis

• kuvaszlvr
    9 years ago

Cool, and I like your peter! ... are most of the fruit on the plant developing like a Peter? If that form tends to have strong genes, I might have to push harder at the pasilla x peter. Although since red is supposed to be dominant I figured I'd go with my yellow or orange peter for the cross.
    Pam

• sandysgardens
    9 years ago

Great job on both of your new pepper crosses.

Looking forward to hear more about them.

Sandy

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

[my turn - for a change...]

Naughty, naughty Pam!

Now, what does a naughty girl deserve? That's right. More .. uh .. peppers!

I'll be in my bunk.

This post was edited by DMForcier on Fri, Aug 22, 14 at 14:35

• kuvaszlvr
    9 years ago

DMF!!! You are so BAD!
    Pam

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lmao. All I did was post one Peter and it leads to those kinda comments? Lol.

No I've only gotten 5 so far that looked like that. Most of them look like that except instead of a "head" it has a tail.

{{!gwi}}

• kuvaszlvr
    9 years ago

I think we've proved that DMF and I can't be left alone without getting into trouble. ;-) I think you've motivated me to get to work. I've always felt we are missing out on a chocolate Peter.
    Pam

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

I ain't goin' there neither.

But I want seeds when you can pry one out of your hands.

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Since it's already a bhut x Peter pepper I wonder if I can cross it with a black naga.....wait, it have to be one of my huge chocolate bhuts, gotta have the stereotypes right lol.

On a truthful note.... why the heck is the peach Peter so much smaller than a normal, true, red one. The largest peach I've picked was maybe an inch and a half long. Seeing as my peach bhuts are WAY larger than a Peter pepper I don't see where the small pod size came from

• kuvaszlvr
    9 years ago

I picked a couple of peach that were bigger, but not the size of the red, but bigger than my peters.

I don't know, I think a pasilla would be better for crossing.

I was talking with the husband last night and saying how it'd be kinda fun to cross the peter with a white pepper. but all my whites are small, like the aribibi gusano, it's tiny.. the white bhut is bigger, blondie looks bigger than the gusano, but I'm not growing that, but....again, do we want to go with stereotypes. ;-)

Pam

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

Your husband seems to be totally okay about your obsession with peters.

• kuvaszlvr
    9 years ago

Boy, I really wish you were close by so I could slap you! ;-)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz