Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fertilzer Strat

Posted by Enocelot none (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 29, 14 at 9:13

I get it, and learned the hard way, that if you over-fertilize, especially with Nitrogen you can wind up with some beautiful plants that don't produce many peppers.

But what do you do after you get as many buds as you want and they are flowering and some pods are setting, is it time to start feeding again?

(I am using a liquified, manure based, for Nitrogen, and sometimes spray on an Epsom Salts solution).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fertilzer Strat

The only answer I can think of is you know you over fertilized at X rate so cut it in half at a minimum but one quarter would probably better to start with watching plants progress.

Hope this helps!
NECM

o

Couldn't tell ya.
I fertilize once a week, full-strength, all season long.

Josh

o

As I understand it, your fert regimen depends to considerable degree on the soil you are using. A "soil-less" medium like 5:1:1 or more radically a hydroponic set requires feeding corresponding directly to the plants' nutrient requirements. But a more tradition medium - like dirt - should be able to supply most of what a plant needs, with only occasional supplementation.

At this point, think more along the lines of backing off entirely and watch to see what happens.

Dennis

o

Plants seem happy. Why would you change regime now?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here