Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doubleblown

free wiri wiri seeds for all

doubleblown
13 years ago

Hello everyone!

My name is Kevin i live in Orlando Florida..I've been lingering around gardenweb like a creep for about 6months now without making any posts and i figured its time i became an active part of the pepper enthusiast community!

I have some good news for everyone! i just went to a Caribbean farmers market and bought about 5 pounds of genuine wiri wiri peppers fresh off the boat from Guyana South America...I must say these peppers are very delicious and super hot and make the best tasting pepper sauce you can imagine! i bought a bunch and removed, washed, and dried the seeds of about 30 peppers before the smell got too overpowering...so anyone who wants seeds can have seeds just send a SASE and I'd be happy to send these seeds to you...I know that the Wiri pepper is one of the hardest to grow because the seeds are so small and rarely reach maturity but i tested these out and out of 10 seeds i put into a damp paper towel, 7 sprouted within 3 days! i know i can't believe it either!..anyways i am looking to give them away and make some friends here but any type of seed you feel like sending me would be appreciated!

I have been growing peppers since i was 16 and i am 23 now so i have tons of knowledge already about growing but i learn something new every time i visit the gardenweb forums!

I have about 10 strains of pepper growing in my garden right now and i will take pics soon to share with you all..but until then let me know if u want OFFICIAL LARGE CHERRY WIRI WIRI PEPPER SEEDS!!! oh and yes I am Guyanese, lol.

Just a fyi...i have found that miracle grow orchid mix soil is the best for starting seedlings, its very coarse and airy and allows the roots to grow fast and freely...just have to water a little more often than usual..

Here are some pics of the WIRI...this pepper sells for $10/pound because it is so delicious and fragrant...it literally smells like guava when you first cut it open but don't let the smell deceive you...its a fireball!!!

Comments (59)

• roper2008
    13 years ago

How did you get e-mails when you don't have your email address
    posted? You don't have to post your address on the web, but you
    do need to give an address to the people you're sending seeds to.
    I've given my address to many people for trading, never had a problem
    with weirdo's. Most poster will probably not even live near you.
    If you feel more more comfortable with a po box, no problem.

• sandhill_farms
    13 years ago

roper2008 - you probably missed it but doubleblown gave his email address in another post: doubleblown@yahoo.com

I agree with your home address statement, there are so many people who are running scared these days, it's sad...

Greg
    Southern Nevada

• gardendawgie
    13 years ago

Do these come with black seeds. more or less round ball like seeds.

The proper way to eat these peppers is to swallow them whole while pretending to chew them. telling everyone they are mild. Then you get to laugh when someone else trys to chew one before eating it.

No dont do it. I dont want to get blamed.

• roper2008
    13 years ago

Thanks Greg, I didn't see that post.

• goonie4boonies
    13 years ago

Hey, there, doubleblown! You've got mail!

• ajijoe
    13 years ago

OH YEAH

MA WIRI!!! i have friends who are Guyanese

i want some please!!! i love the flavor!! im growing the smaller species

do you wanna trade?? i have a large selection of species i can send you my list please let me know how you wanna work this

i dont know how to contact you could you email me the info
    please you made me a very happy man!!

thanks your friend joe

• ajijoe
    13 years ago

do you have "TIGER TEETH" also??

• jey_l
    13 years ago

Hi Kevin,

Sent you an email. Any seeds left?

• thenewmidwestchilehead
    13 years ago

I don't recall if I sent you an email, but I would like to have some. Let me know of anything you are looking for in trade.

• vic01
    13 years ago

Kevin, I sent an email but have not heard yet. I'm sure you are swamped, seed offers get a LOT of responses. I agree with those who said you don't need a post office box, just don't post your home address ion this site. Give your address to the ones who ask for seeds. I have traded with a lot of people and no one abuses this system at least I've had no problems. Jackie

• gpaintjr
    13 years ago

Where did Kevin go?

• Kevin Reilly
    13 years ago

One of those "Weirdos" got him....

• servant649
    13 years ago

iF you still have seeds I would like some. My co-workers gave me some dried out little peppers and I planted them in soil about 1/4" and placed some on top of the soil..no luck. I read your thread and tried them in a wet paper towel and still no germination. He dries the pods on top of a water heater...I guess to long!
    Thanks
    Mike Coulter
    2714 Windsor Heights St.
    Deltona
    Florida
    Thanks Again

• redtailforester
    13 years ago

Does anyone know what happened here? I was really hoping to hear back from Kevin about the seeds, but then he just disappeared. Really bummed...

• ssimon2000
    13 years ago

sent an email, if you're still around...

• deebo82
    13 years ago

SO... since Kevin got nabbed by the crazies, I'm kinda thinking of alternatives to wiri wiris. What are your favorite peppers with that fruity spiciness?

shane.

• the_pepper_guy
    13 years ago

Poor Kevin!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Pepper Guy's Garden

• redtailforester
    13 years ago

Come back Kevin :( The good kind of weirdos are waiting for you...

• Melium
    13 years ago

Sent you an email also, if you're still around. I've had these peppers before and I loved them. Would be great to get some seeds if you still have them. Sent email from apocgod@gmail.com

• jamesnb
    13 years ago

Is this the "composting forum ??

• bamboonyc
    13 years ago

Hello,
    I would love to try these!
    My email add: nycbamboo@gmail.com

Thanks.

• doubleblown
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well everyone, I'm almost out of seeds, I feel good though, I made about 30 gardenweb members very happy by sending them WIRI WIRI seeds. Hopefully you all have a very bountiful harvest of the most delicious peppers ever, and save some seeds so you can spread the goodness to your friends and family!

With my remaining WIRI WIRI seeds, I will only be accepting trades...I really would like to acquire the following:

*Bhut Jolokia (most desired, ordered seeds and they didn't germ)

White Hab
    Chocolate Hab
    Bolivian Rainbow
    Jamaican Hot Chocolate
    7 Pod
    Trinidad Scorpion
    Chocolate Fatali
    Chili Chili
    Medusa
    Filius Blue
    Cajamarca
    Red Savina
    Peach or White Habalokia
    Chocolate Cherry Bomb
    Black Pearl
    Devils Tongue
    Aji Limon

Actually, I'll pretty much take anything that is Super Hot or Ornamental or in any way special!

I don't want to sound mean, in fact I love just giving seeds away to any chili enthusiast who requests them..and if you really want some and don't have anything to trade I'll still send you some... I just figured I would expand my catalog a bit before I run out... Let me know what you have to trade!!!

doubleblown@yahoo.com

Happy growing everyone! I'm on thehotpepper.com as well... same username!

-Kevin

• suzzie18018_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

Hi Kevin,

I am guyanese too. I love Weri Weri peppers. Do you have anymore seeds. I would love to try growing them in PA. My bro lives in FL as well....he loves guyanese food..

suz

• swiecki_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

I wish I would have seen this last year. I have a recipe from a friend calling for wiri wiri peppers and I can't find them anywhere around the Detroit area. I think I'm going to try and get a friend to smuggle some in from Toronto *LOL*

• cindy_itwaru_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I would love to get some Wiri wiri pepper seeds. I started growing peppers and I have been looking for quit some time now. My mother in law had a pepper tree but it died when she left for New York I am trying to grow her another pepper tree to surprise her. I hope you will be able to send some seeds these way. Thanks.

• sam_kx4sam
    12 years ago

I have Pumpkin Habs, seeds will be in this week.
    Intertested in a trade?

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    12 years ago

Hi Kevin, I sent an email to you and did not get a reply, I was willing to give you some Bhut Jolokia seeds. I just need an address to send them. my seeds have 90-95% gemination rate 10 of 12 seeds germinated for me this year.

• smokemaster_2007
    12 years ago

I have a FEW Wiri Wiri seeds for trade to a very limited number of people.
    It depends on how many people want seeds,what they have to trade and how much I want what they have to offer.

They are the round ones shown above-classified as C.Chinense by the seed company I purchased the original seeds from.

Not the C.Frutescens version as far as I can tell.
    I believe one is supposed to be from the Jamaica and the other from Gayana.
    So I've read...

E mail me.

• aznpear5_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Kevin,

My family is Guyanese and have been eating these peppers since years back of living in guyana, cooking all the ethnic foods as we still do today. I would love to have some pepper seeds, so that I can grow. Please let me know if you can send some. Thanks so much, I'd be VERY appreciative for them.

• icehouse11860_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I have whole ch Habs that I just picked inturn for some wiri's

• botanicat
    12 years ago

Any chance you will be having any seed available this fall? I have some Rooster spur, Peter, and Puerto Rican sweet (Aji Dulces) seed I could trade if interested.

• rhapsody616
    12 years ago

I would love a have a few myself! I do have a few hot pepper seeds to trade!
    Bhut Jolokia, White Bhut Jolokia, and black pearl seeds. Please let me know!

• jenifferlopez
    11 years ago

if possible, I been looking for this plant foe a long time, if you have could you please send me some, I am also looking for some guyana fine tyme seeds if you have or know where i can buy.

Thanks
    Nick
    dmahadeo@sympatico.ca

• Obi_Juan
    11 years ago

I would definitely be interested in some seeds.. Just send me an email if the offer is still up.
    Jonah.wikel@gmail.com

• roper2008
    11 years ago

I never got a response back in 2010.

• Obi_Juan
    11 years ago

Lol, just noticed it was from 2010....

• seetaarjun
    8 years ago

I have some seeds to trade

my father plants these every year, but I want to surprise him w a garden of peppers!!

Kindly send email to seetaarjun@verizon.net

Also, how can I get 20 lbs of wiri peppers to purchase?

Thank you

• paulsingh305
    7 years ago

I live in Miami but coming to Orlando soon and would appreciate if you could give me the address where to purchase 5 lbs of wiri wiri peppers My email address is paulsingh305@aol.com

Thank you

Paul

• aliciacammel
    6 years ago

Anyone on this post have any Weri Weri pepper seeds to trade. I have about 12 different kinds of hot peppers from hot to super hots.

I'm in desperate need of Weri Weri seeds to plant.

My email is:aliciacammel@gmail.com

Thank you!

• mspeppajo
    6 years ago

Do you still have any seeds available? I would be happy to accept whatever u have! How do I contact u? Thank u!!!

• aliciacammel
    6 years ago

Email me at: aliciacammel@gmail.com...

• Jodi Roberts
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I would love to try these peppers. Thank you

Email me : stevnjod4@gmail.com

• aliciacammel
    6 years ago

Hello everyone, this is an old posted dated back a few years ago that the person posted about wiri wiri peppers. I just replied just to see if he's still avmember on garden web but apparently he's not.

Thank you,

• Jodi Roberts
    6 years ago

Thank you

• Jessica Powell
    3 years ago

Hello. This is an old post, but I'm curious if you still have seeds to trade. I have bird's eye pepper seeds.

• shaznando
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Kevin, interesting to find your site, but are you still in the pepper business? Wiri wiri to be exact. I’m looking for a plant and any fresh peppers.

• Bibi Gafoor
    3 years ago

Can you mail the actual peppers. No access to planting seeds. I would pay for the peppers and shipping. Live in Port Charlotte Fl.

• rex smith
    2 years ago

Are you absolutely sure those are not mai wiri peppers because that is what they look like. Real wiri wiri do not get bigger than a pea and are very hard to find. Mai wiri are being sold as wiri wiri everywhere.

• rex smith
    2 years ago

IF its bigger than a pea its not a wiri wiri

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus