Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
free wiri wiri seeds for all

Posted by doubleblown ORLANDO FLORIDA (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 26, 10 at 9:43

Hello everyone!

My name is Kevin i live in Orlando Florida..I've been lingering around gardenweb like a creep for about 6months now without making any posts and i figured its time i became an active part of the pepper enthusiast community!

I have some good news for everyone! i just went to a Caribbean farmers market and bought about 5 pounds of genuine wiri wiri peppers fresh off the boat from Guyana South America...I must say these peppers are very delicious and super hot and make the best tasting pepper sauce you can imagine! i bought a bunch and removed, washed, and dried the seeds of about 30 peppers before the smell got too overpowering...so anyone who wants seeds can have seeds just send a SASE and I'd be happy to send these seeds to you...I know that the Wiri pepper is one of the hardest to grow because the seeds are so small and rarely reach maturity but i tested these out and out of 10 seeds i put into a damp paper towel, 7 sprouted within 3 days! i know i can't believe it either!..anyways i am looking to give them away and make some friends here but any type of seed you feel like sending me would be appreciated!

I have been growing peppers since i was 16 and i am 23 now so i have tons of knowledge already about growing but i learn something new every time i visit the gardenweb forums!
I have about 10 strains of pepper growing in my garden right now and i will take pics soon to share with you all..but until then let me know if u want OFFICIAL LARGE CHERRY WIRI WIRI PEPPER SEEDS!!! oh and yes I am Guyanese, lol.

Just a fyi...i have found that miracle grow orchid mix soil is the best for starting seedlings, its very coarse and airy and allows the roots to grow fast and freely...just have to water a little more often than usual..

Here are some pics of the WIRI...this pepper sells for $10/pound because it is so delicious and fragrant...it literally smells like guava when you first cut it open but don't let the smell deceive you...its a fireball!!!

100_3366

100_3370

100_3365

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: free wiri wiri seeds for all

Thanks for the offer! Those look pretty good. I definitely have some seeds I can send you in exchange. How do I get your contact info?

o

My email address is doubleblown@yahoo.com...just put WIRI in the subject line and i'll be sure to reply! looking forward to it!

o

• Posted by deebo82 8 Puget Sound/WA (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 26, 10 at 18:44

I don't know that I would really deserve them (also been a lurker on the forums lately), but I would love to have some seeds too! You have mail...

Shane.

o

I would be interested.

o

I would love to have some seeds. I'll send you an email.

Priscilla

o

I would be interested fo sho!Those pods look really cool.

o

they look like chiltipin to me......i'm down i'll send u an email

o

sorry everyone I've been missing in action since i posted, but I'm back now and i just checked my email and holy crap are there a lot of people interested in these seeds! I went today to check out purchasing a PO BOX so that i don't have to give out my home address on the web...you never know what kind of weirdos there are out there...so i should have an address for you guys to send your SASE to very shortly...as soon as i get the box number i will reply to everyone who emailed me with the info...anyways i took some more pics of the seeds to temporarily satisfy your appetites!

Started out with this:

100_3424

Ended up with this:
100_3428

o

Add another name to the list!!!

o

How did you get e-mails when you don't have your email address
posted? You don't have to post your address on the web, but you
do need to give an address to the people you're sending seeds to.
I've given my address to many people for trading, never had a problem
with weirdo's. Most poster will probably not even live near you.
If you feel more more comfortable with a po box, no problem.

o

roper2008 - you probably missed it but doubleblown gave his email address in another post: doubleblown@yahoo.com

I agree with your home address statement, there are so many people who are running scared these days, it's sad...

Greg
Southern Nevada

o

Do these come with black seeds. more or less round ball like seeds.

The proper way to eat these peppers is to swallow them whole while pretending to chew them. telling everyone they are mild. Then you get to laugh when someone else trys to chew one before eating it.

No dont do it. I dont want to get blamed.

o

Thanks Greg, I didn't see that post.

o

Hey, there, doubleblown! You've got mail!

o

OH YEAH

MA WIRI!!! i have friends who are Guyanese

i want some please!!! i love the flavor!! im growing the smaller species

do you wanna trade?? i have a large selection of species i can send you my list please let me know how you wanna work this

i dont know how to contact you could you email me the info
please you made me a very happy man!!

thanks your friend joe

o

do you have "TIGER TEETH" also??

o

Hi Kevin,

Sent you an email. Any seeds left?

o

I don't recall if I sent you an email, but I would like to have some. Let me know of anything you are looking for in trade.

o

Kevin, I sent an email but have not heard yet. I'm sure you are swamped, seed offers get a LOT of responses. I agree with those who said you don't need a post office box, just don't post your home address ion this site. Give your address to the ones who ask for seeds. I have traded with a lot of people and no one abuses this system at least I've had no problems. Jackie

o

Where did Kevin go?

o

One of those "Weirdos" got him....

o

iF you still have seeds I would like some. My co-workers gave me some dried out little peppers and I planted them in soil about 1/4" and placed some on top of the soil..no luck. I read your thread and tried them in a wet paper towel and still no germination. He dries the pods on top of a water heater...I guess to long!
Thanks
Mike Coulter
2714 Windsor Heights St.
Deltona
Florida
Thanks Again

o

Does anyone know what happened here? I was really hoping to hear back from Kevin about the seeds, but then he just disappeared. Really bummed...

o

sent an email, if you're still around...

o

• Posted by deebo82 8 Puget Sound/WA (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 8, 10 at 0:50

SO... since Kevin got nabbed by the crazies, I'm kinda thinking of alternatives to wiri wiris. What are your favorite peppers with that fruity spiciness?

shane.

o

Poor Kevin!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Pepper Guy's Garden

o

Come back Kevin :( The good kind of weirdos are waiting for you...

o

• Posted by Melium 8 North Florida (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 30, 11 at 19:31

Sent you an email also, if you're still around. I've had these peppers before and I loved them. Would be great to get some seeds if you still have them. Sent email from apocgod@gmail.com

o

Hey everyone Kevin here, I'm back! Don't worry I wasn't abducted by a weirdo, haha, but thank you everyone for your concern. I've been missing in action for a while and I've returned to provide the kind people of Gardenweb with what they want: WIRI WIRI SEEDS! I've got a bunch left and I'd be glad to start sending them out to pepper enthusiasts immediately! I will do my best to reply to the people who previously requested seeds first. Once again please email me @ doubleblown@yahoo.com and put WIRI WIRI in the subject line and I will let you know the physical address to send a SASE to.

Between my last post and now I have actually started my own "business" out of my hobby of growing peppers. I must say it feels really good making money doing something you are passionate about, I think I may have finally found my calling.. I have over 1000 seedlings growing at any given time of about 30 different types of exotic and ornamental peppers. I sell the seedlings at farmers and produce markets, and at the local flea market for a few bucks each. I also let some of the really vigorous and beautiful decorative plants grow out and put them in fancy ceramic pots with a premium soil mix and sell them for a little more. I am hoping to get the business rolling now that spring time is nearing and many green-thumbs can't wait to get their hands on some exotic plants.

Any one who has rare pepper seeds or spare seeds of any kind of chili, I am more than willing to trade or send a SASE to you! If you live in or around Central Florida I'd be glad to meet up and give you some complimentary plants and seeds and some of my cards to promote to your friends who might be interested in buying some plants from me!

o

Is this the "composting forum ??

o

Hello,
I would love to try these!
My email add: nycbamboo@gmail.com

Thanks.

o

Well everyone, I'm almost out of seeds, I feel good though, I made about 30 gardenweb members very happy by sending them WIRI WIRI seeds. Hopefully you all have a very bountiful harvest of the most delicious peppers ever, and save some seeds so you can spread the goodness to your friends and family!

With my remaining WIRI WIRI seeds, I will only be accepting trades...I really would like to acquire the following:

*Bhut Jolokia (most desired, ordered seeds and they didn't germ)

White Hab
Chocolate Hab
Bolivian Rainbow
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
7 Pod
Trinidad Scorpion
Chocolate Fatali
Chili Chili
Medusa
Filius Blue
Cajamarca
Red Savina
Peach or White Habalokia
Chocolate Cherry Bomb
Black Pearl
Devils Tongue
Aji Limon

Actually, I'll pretty much take anything that is Super Hot or Ornamental or in any way special!

I don't want to sound mean, in fact I love just giving seeds away to any chili enthusiast who requests them..and if you really want some and don't have anything to trade I'll still send you some... I just figured I would expand my catalog a bit before I run out... Let me know what you have to trade!!!

doubleblown@yahoo.com

Happy growing everyone! I'm on thehotpepper.com as well... same username!

-Kevin

o

Hi Kevin,

I am guyanese too. I love Weri Weri peppers. Do you have anymore seeds. I would love to try growing them in PA. My bro lives in FL as well....he loves guyanese food..

suz

o

I wish I would have seen this last year. I have a recipe from a friend calling for wiri wiri peppers and I can't find them anywhere around the Detroit area. I think I'm going to try and get a friend to smuggle some in from Toronto *LOL*

o

I would love to get some Wiri wiri pepper seeds. I started growing peppers and I have been looking for quit some time now. My mother in law had a pepper tree but it died when she left for New York I am trying to grow her another pepper tree to surprise her. I hope you will be able to send some seeds these way. Thanks.

o

I have Pumpkin Habs, seeds will be in this week.
Intertested in a trade?

o

Hi Kevin, I sent an email to you and did not get a reply, I was willing to give you some Bhut Jolokia seeds. I just need an address to send them. my seeds have 90-95% gemination rate 10 of 12 seeds germinated for me this year.

o

I have a FEW Wiri Wiri seeds for trade to a very limited number of people.
It depends on how many people want seeds,what they have to trade and how much I want what they have to offer.

They are the round ones shown above-classified as C.Chinense by the seed company I purchased the original seeds from.

Not the C.Frutescens version as far as I can tell.
I believe one is supposed to be from the Jamaica and the other from Gayana.
So I've read...

E mail me.

o

Kevin,

My family is Guyanese and have been eating these peppers since years back of living in guyana, cooking all the ethnic foods as we still do today. I would love to have some pepper seeds, so that I can grow. Please let me know if you can send some. Thanks so much, I'd be VERY appreciative for them.

o

I have whole ch Habs that I just picked inturn for some wiri's

o

Any chance you will be having any seed available this fall? I have some Rooster spur, Peter, and Puerto Rican sweet (Aji Dulces) seed I could trade if interested.

o

I would love a have a few myself! I do have a few hot pepper seeds to trade!
Bhut Jolokia, White Bhut Jolokia, and black pearl seeds. Please let me know!

o

if possible, I been looking for this plant foe a long time, if you have could you please send me some, I am also looking for some guyana fine tyme seeds if you have or know where i can buy.

Thanks
Nick
dmahadeo@sympatico.ca

o

I would definitely be interested in some seeds.. Just send me an email if the offer is still up.
Jonah.wikel@gmail.com

o

I never got a response back in 2010.

o

Lol, just noticed it was from 2010....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here