Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So I was at the nursery when.....

Posted by azzure08 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 17, 12 at 10:01

I saw plants but more importantly a Bhut Jolokia plant along with a whole bunch of other pepper plants they also had broccoli starters. I was really surprised to see that they had a ghost chili pepper plant it was weird it was 12.99. I was thinking getting one but it wasn't bushy like the pictures on here I have seen it was thin so I didn't want it so I will just wait for the seeds form ottawa. I also had a question not related peppers has anyone here grown carrots in a container?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So I was at the nursery when.....

I'm container growing carrots right now, actually.

And I would be very careful about nursery bhuts. I bought 4 "ghost pepper" plants earlier in the season from a nursery. I ended up with 4 different peppers, none of which was a bhut.

o

they had pods on them and they look just like the pictures here this nursery is a small but reputable one. what size container do you grow your carrots in and if you don't mind do you have a picture.
-anita

o

I'm just growing them in some fairly small containers (I think a gallon each) as an experiment. I have no idea what they'll do, but the seeds were cheap and I had extra pots/soil.

o

haha sounds like something I would do

o

carrots grow great in containers, as long as it has enough depth to grow they will...

you could always do something like paris market, they get a bit bigger than golfballs not much longer super tender too...

Here is a link that might be useful: paris market seed

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here