Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mold in the pod need advice fast!

Posted by andyandy 6bMI (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 10:22

I pulled a ripe Hab and Ghost last night for tacos. i only have a few pods starting to ripen up. They looked great on the outside but on the inside the seeds looked like they were getting attacked a black mold. i have 100s of pods yet to ripen. Is this from too much watering? Although it's been cool all summer it has been dry. All of my Peppers are potted. Often when i get home from work the leaves looked pretty parched. I'll water them a little. Maybe I should cut back regardless of how the leaves look. All of my plants have cut way back or stopped flower production. they seem to be focused on ripening the pods they already have. Of course this morning a monsoon moved through so they're really soaked now. i would appreciate any suggestions

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mold in the pod need advice fast!

Could be blossom end rot.Ive see it on a few peppers every year.It is not contagious so it will not infect other peppers. If you look at the tips of any peppers left on the plant there will be a small healed over hole instead of the usual tip. I suggest examining a few and cutting them open to see what you have.After a little trial and error you develop an eye for it. Did you use lime or gypsum ? Try some witches brew. Also uneven watering can cause this. If you can get most infected peppers off your plant it will produce more and not be wasting energy ripening unusable pods.
Good luck Im sure lots of members have seen this before.Very similar to what happens to tomatoes only on a pepper it becomes sealed inside the pepper. A good pepper should have a tip on it.

o
RE: mold in the pod need advice fast!

PepperDave-
Thanx, I'm not sure what witches brew is. i just fertizie with a general fertilizer once in awhile and water as needed. I'll take a few off tonight and see what they look like inside.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here