Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mystery peach-orange superhot

Posted by judo_and_peppers Tampa FL (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 22, 14 at 10:52

I've mentioned this guy before. it's a plant whose seeds came from a dark maroon red pepper (that I don't know the name for), but the offspring is orange. so apparently it's some sort of mutant, and obviously this would be F1.

I don't know what it is, but it looks like a 7pot in terms of shape, but it's a peach/orange color. in the pics it looks more orange, but it's really more of a peach color. ground up it looks very peach-like. it's pretty dang hot, but more importantly, it's absolutely delicious. it has an excellent, almost pineapple-ish flavor.

I began saving seeds, and I'm gonna try to keep this weirdo going. gonna have to come up with a good name for it. how about "accidental orange 7pot"?

hopefully I'll have some seeds available later in the season, but I'm not sure as of yet whether I wanna send them out before it's more stable. of course I could go the PJ route, 10 bucks per seed!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mystery peach-orange superhot

are you sure the dark red one from which the seeds came was not a hybrid? if it was, this could be the parent.. I'm not sure what it is.
Pam

o
RE: mystery peach-orange superhot

I now re read my original post. it was supposed to be "(a hybrid or) some sort of mutant"

a hybrid is obviously the more likely option. either way, this pepper is freaking delicious. like, holy crap it tastes good. I am looking forward to stabilizing it, and getting lots more really delicious pods.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here