Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
canadianlori

Thank goodness not just leaves after all!

CanadianLori
10 years ago

My Moruga is just flowering now- in spite of the unintentional abuse I gave it.

Comments (8)

• CanadianLori
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The first pic is a 7 pot, this one is a Devil's tongue and the last one is a Butch

• CanadianLori
    Original Author
    10 years ago

then suddenly showed up.
    Sorry for the duplicate.

• peppernovice
    10 years ago

Looking good. Glad to see things worked out after all. I only see 2 plants, but it was pretty hot today. I may just be delusional.

Tim

• CanadianLori
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, these are in an itty bitty hobby greenhouse. Total square footage 48' square. Those are growing out of less than 2 gallon pots - 3 per pot. Very well tended and whispered to. My pots (1 gal) outside hanging around the deck are producing copious amounts of ring of fire peppers, jalapenos, and blossoms of habaneros. It's going down to 10 C tonight and there is not enough room indoors to bring everyone in. I have two kerosene lanterns lit inside the hobby house and am crossing my fingers that somebody forgives our climate.
    It's been cloudy so I've really been challenged to get the heat sink/water trough to operate with my home made solar water heater.
    Thank you so much for the compliments - this is my first year trying to grow super hots and I'm waking from nasty dreams about what I should have done better!
    Going for a glass of merlot - and not, I will not be trying to start growing grapes!

• CanadianLori
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's a better image of how crowded it became - there's a fold up chair in the back - was only good as long as I had pots of dirt- silly me!!

• don555
    10 years ago

Looking good! I don't think 10C at night will cause you any problems. You can probably relax on those heaters until frost threatens.

• mctiggs
    10 years ago

Beauty! Those look so awesome, well done! This is my first year going hardcore on superhots too, you're well ahead of me!

Unfortunately my "big-leafers" (namely 2 Datil plants) have not paid off - full of flowers but only a few measly pods so far.

As far as 10C I wouldn't worry, it's been ~10 consistently at night here, and down to 7 one night last week. This appears to throw the plants into production mode - dozens and dozens of new pods emerged in the last 2 weeks, and during the day it's still ~25 consistently.

I'll get my Can Tire money out and take a pic of the puny Datils later.

It does seem like the plants with smaller leaves, and more compact plant structures are more productive, I have a Bhut Jolokia and Scorpion Moruga with like that with at least 20 large pods on each. I'm not sure if there is enough there for a scientific theory or not.

• mctiggs
    10 years ago

Here is the lone good pod on the 2 big-leafed Datil plants. It looks a bit more mangled than I expected. Has anyone ever grown these? Normal? The more immature pods on these plants do not have the same level of "bumpiness".

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals