Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Guess that pepper

Posted by homefry319 5b Nebraska (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 24, 12 at 12:57

any ideas?

I finally got annoyed enough to ask, they are spouse to be bhuts but def way smaller and lighter colored(thats a quarter in the photo)

the heat scale actually varies Ive tried 3 and I say its anywhere from hab to just under a bhut, its def a tip of the tongue and throat burn

that being said, its irrelevant where i got them etc Im over that if you really want to know pm me

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Guess that pepper

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say naga morich. They tend to have the same general shape as the bhut, the same pleats, but with smoother skin and smaller pods. Their heat level is also about where you said, well north of a hab but a little south of a bhut.

Still a good superhot/nuclear, and I've seen many places listing morichs as ghost peppers. Enough to where these days I just assume anyone selling "ghost pepper" seeds is actually selling naga morichs unless they specify that its a bhut jolokia.

o

they were listed as bhut, but thats besides the point(can you tell Im still pissed haha).....

Ive been trying to google to see if I can find any that would be similar but it seems it just returned mixed results

most the naga morich pictures Ive seen they've been way "fatter" and don't wrinkle in as much

o

Too small to be datil, I think. Red fatalii?

o

too skinny to be a fatalii

o

Yeah. I don't know what it is. Probably a hybrid.

o

I have two plants with the same peppers so I doubt it's a f1, still annoying

o

This is what Naga Morich look like:

o

I've been digging still can't find anything close

o

What did you purchase?

o

They were being sold as bhut jolokia(seed) which they def aren't

Maybe Bombay morichs?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here