Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandysgardens

Chocolate Scotch Bonnet??

sandysgardens
9 years ago

Greetings,

I believe the seeds I received (trade) are not Chocolate Scotch Bonnet. The Bonnets are larger than yellow and orange scotch bonnets I've grown in the past; they are changing from a deep green to a deep orange color and no sign yet of any turning chocolately... Any ways, am excited that I'm getting ripe hot peppers. Have other hots ripening too, so all is good in MN.

Comments (7)

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

Nope. Chocolates have no intermediate color. They go from green to chocolate.

One of my favorite peps, btw.

Dennis

• User
    9 years ago

Hi,

I'm pretty sure I'm the source of your seeds. It's definitely not the Chocolate Scotch.

I know I also sent Butch T's and Nagabons amongst others (both ripen red and grow larger than Chocolate Bonnets.

I, for some strange reason, may have mislabeled a couple of packages. Have you grown out the Butch and Nagabon? If so, did they grow true?

I'm truly sorry they didn't grow into what you expected, I know it's a real P. O. wasting a season on seeds that don't grow out as expected. If you're willing to give me another chance I'd like to make things right. I'll forward some of my "isolated" Chocolate Scotch Bonnet seeds and a few from my original source.

Bill

• stoneys_fatali
    9 years ago

Good on ya Bill ;)

Stoney

• sandysgardens
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I was pretty sure they'd go from green to chocolate like other types, but wanted to make sure.

Bill - No worries, I'm very happy with all you shared; as well as what others have share over the years (9yrs). I did not grow the Nagabon this year. The two Butch T's I germinated I gave away - meant to give one keep one, but it got crazy and I ended with none. I'll grow the Nagabon and Butch T this coming year... I looked up pics of both and I think it looks a lot like Butch T. I'm happy if it is.
    With the cold spring and cool/extra wet June we had here in MN, I'm very happy with what's ripening in regards to Hot peppers. A few of what's ripening are - 7 white pot, Aji Umba, Bhut - Red, Yellow and Chocolate, Carolina Reaper, Devils Tongue, Madbalz,, Peruvian Serlano, Sepia Serpent, and the list goes on and on. I hope to get a few hot sauces made, powders, freeze some and of course use them in my canned salsa.

Wishing EVERYONE a Great end of the season harvest! Yeah - some of you have no end of the season, but the reality for most of us is that it's closing in fast.

Sepia Serpent

• bberkmor
    9 years ago

Picked these today and seeds came from Ottawapepper, one of the best plants I have. Made some Jerk chicken with them last week yum. Yesterday I ate half of a 7-pot douglah... Man it was hot!

Chocolate Scotch Bonnets:

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

.homer on

Ummmmmm ... Chocolate ! ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ [hrghhh]

.homer off

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    9 years ago

I'm growing a yellow. I hope to make jerk. I miss Jamaica!
    Been awhile since I was there. The chocloate doesn't look much like a scotch bonnet pepper. But what do i know?

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio