Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
seed sosurce

Posted by gardengyrl Ca9 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 29, 13 at 13:25

Does anyone have or know where I can get seeds for the potato jalapeno pepper?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: seed sosurce

YUP.lol
got it growing outside now.
e mail me.

o

I have never heard of the potato jalapeno peppers, nor can I find any info on the web. Please, Smoke, tell me about this thing?
Pam

o

I would like to know also. Only thing that comes to mind is a gardening method where you would take a potato and graft something else on top to get more for less space, example potato on the bottom and a jalapeno plant on top. Could also be tomato grafted on top of a patato plant and potato grow on bottom.

Mark

o

It's a real pepper habjolkia! Big thanks to smokemaster for offering seed!

o

the pepper is so corked it looks like a potato.

Cmpman first grew it from a market pod.

o

I've never heard of it either and am interested in what it looks like.

Mike - you'll have to let us know what it's like once you've taste tested one or if you already have then please enlighten us on it a bit more..

Sandy

o

It's just a Jalapeno with thickly corked skin/I don't have a working camera right now.

I didn't taste it,I just de seed them and toss the in the pile of peppers for drying/powder.

I don't eat many fresh jalapenos,use them smoked for rubs etc.
Hardly ever grow them.

This post was edited by smokemaster_2007 on Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 22:24

o

gardengyrl

Did you get my E mails from here?
Google won't send a reply from gmail-fatal error...

o
Jalapeno - Farmer's Market

Smokemaster told me to post this. lol. Here's the mystery pepper photo!

Chris

Jalapeno, Farmer's Market Potato - JF photo 082912011.jpg

o

I still can't get through with GMail...

This is getting old fast...I guess PC's aren't compatable with the new stuff or something.

Several people send me mail from their I pod or whatever.
I can't answer them and don't want a bunch of apps I don't know how to mess with on my computer.

I gotta go collect some Dinosaur eggs for dinner and hit up the volcano for some fire to cook them on... :)

This post was edited by smokemaster_2007 on Sat, Sep 14, 13 at 21:07

o

Smokemaster, thanks for trying, did you get my follow up message? My e-mail address is, seedsower@flyingbluedog. If you feel like giving it one more try I'll try to make it worth your while!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here