Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Poor year in SW Ohio, others?

Posted by billyberue (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 13:27

I have not had this poor of a year growing peppers in over 20 years. I grow many different veggies, and all have had their problems, on and off, but never my hot peppers. Serranos, jalapenos and bananna are fine but the real hot ones like rat turds, datil, pequin, ghost, chiltepins are barelt to not producing. Anything different this year? I irrigate so the drought hasn't bothered me and I thought they could take high heat.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Poor year in SW Ohio, others?

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 14:38

Still hotter than normal here after extremely hot June/July. Several days over 100 and severe drought. Lucky to get just one of those 100+ days all summer around here. We had a little reprieve about a week or so ago but now back into the 90's for highs. All in all, seems my peppers are liking it. Aside from about one week back in June, they have taken the heat pretty well in my opinion. But this is only my second real year of growing peppers. I am basically a container grower if that matters.

I have picked a couple harvests off several of my plants already. My super hots are the only ones I would consider slow this year.

You and I both probably have another month or so of growing season. I hope your plants kick in soon.
Bruce

o
RE: Poor year in SW Ohio, others?

I live in Southeast Michigan and this is the worst year I have had for super hots in 30 years. My bhuts and habaneros are just now forming pods. Doubtful that I will harvest many before frost. Everything else is doing just fine... weird year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here