Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photos and a question

Posted by Djole 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 29, 12 at 13:31

Thought i'd share some photos from the garden and ask a question while at it. I bought a mix pack of seeds from T&M dubbed "Tropical mix", containing red and orange Habanero seeds as well as red and yellow Scotch Bonnets. I presumed that ones on the picture below are habs (beeing orange) until i realized that i might have just picked them too early since one of them seems to be going red. So the question would be is this the hab or the bonney?

What actually got me confused is this pepper in the next picture - i figured that would be the scotch bonnet.

The third differently looking pepper from the same pack is this 1 (for which i think is deffinitely a habanero):

The real issue for me is that pepper in the 1st pic since i've found pictures around the web of the same looking pepper being claimed to be both habanero and bonnet. I thought it's orange and therefore the hab, but now as it might be going red, i'm having doubts, and would be very grateful if anyone can clear it out for me :)

And a few more pics of my babies:

Tabasco:

Thai dragon:

Jalapenos:

Cilliegia Piccante

Sorry if the pics are too big, tried to keep them around 100k each.

Cheers,
Djole

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photos and a question

My bonnets are more round than the first picture, the firts look like habs the second I can't tell you what those are. they look like the super-hots some people have posted, the wrinkling to me make them look that way. I am no expert though

o

If I were to guess, I'd say red hab, scotch bonnet, orange hab for the first 3 pics.

The names of both habanero and scotch bonnet have been used so generically, that you will find a huge variety of pod sizes, shapes, colors, etc.. going by those names.

o

Djole, I too ordered my seeds from T&M. Got Thai Drago, Jalapenos & Habs like you. Below is the picture I took of my hab which is in a large pot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here