Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thebutcher_gw

Not Pretty But my first Ripe Hot Peppers

thebutcher
10 years ago

The photos below are my (2) "Long slim red Cayenne peppers". 2 of them are in 1 gallon pots which I will pot up soon and the other in a 5 gallon pot and another in a 7 gallon fabric bag. The one in the black bag in the photo is a "Large Red Hot Cherry Pepper" in a 7 gallon fabric bag (not ripe but I can't wait until it happens and I got about 4 plants growing I think). It is not that large but that was the name for the seeds I got :) .

This isn't nothing to brag but I am just happy today when I saw them for my first Peppers. I got about 15-20 others growing.

Comments (9)

• peppernovice
    10 years ago

I disagree! That is something to brag about. You should always be proud of your accomplishments. Everybody here knows how much time, sweat, and tears go into growing these guys. I don't care if it's a super hot or a bell pepper, it's a lot of work! Congratulations, those are some good looking pods and plants!

Tim

• thebutcher
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Tim and it means a lot to me and I love the videos of yours. I am gona take a video of my garden later today or tomorrow and post as well. It is just too much fun snapping shots of plants and taking videos right :)

Last year I got the GoPro cam and made my own attachment where it extends the cam so I can film an in dept shot gona see if I can find it again. (basically speaking, I used one of my tomato stakes from last year from a failed plant lol and mounted the camera on it since my tomatoes failed last year). The main intent was to get time lapses but they did not work since the maters failed.

But this year I was determined to make it a success which is going nice so far and took the challenge of growing from seed.

The other photo is my Yellow Pequin and a Beaver Dam. The bugs and pests have there marks, especially on the cayenne. Anyway I am charging the Gopro and hope to do a cool vid such as you did.

- Mr Beno

• chilliwin
    10 years ago

Tim is right, you should be proud of your work. Thank you for sharing.
    Caelian

• SgtPepper
    10 years ago

I can't add much else to what others have already said, but you need not be so modest. It's a good job. Peppers are one of the most difficult plants to grow outside their common natural environments.

That's why this is such a popular forum - because they can be tricky until you have some know how. If peppers were easy, then we might as well grow sunflowers.

• thebutcher
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Many thanks again,

And I brought the Gopro out this evening with an in-dept view :) This is just a demo and will bring more stuff after.

The neighbors probably thought I was weird lol, but oh well, they won't have any good Maters or Peppers. But as you guys/gals stated above, it is best to be modest and such and be proud. All smiles here and I want to thank everyone one again for helping me out with GW and your knowledge.

Gona hit the sack soon but enjoy the vid :)

-Mr Beno

Here is a link that might be useful: Beno's Garden

• peppernovice
    10 years ago

Just got around to watching your video. Those are some healthy looking plants. You hit some interesting angles. That GoPro really is versatile.

Tim

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    10 years ago

Moving along fine Mr. Beno. May the bountiful harvests come your way!

Kevin

• leafericson
    10 years ago

Whenever I hear "The neighbors probably thought I was weird" it cracks me up.
    My neighbors must think I'm completely nuts!!! Yeah have you ever seen someone water plants in the rain? Yep that's me.. Well at least that is what it looks like to my neighbors. But that's not the case. Rain is neutral and soft water, it tends to pull the nutrients right out of the plant. So when the rain is coming to an end or seems like it won't come to an end I'm out there with a watering can with double strength fertilizer in it. I swear by it and it's almost the only time I fertilize, very safe for the plant.
    So is that nuts? or does it just appear nuts? My wife says I'm nuts guess it's just a matter of opinion...
    Your plants look very nice and like everyone else says "You should be proud!"
    A little beetle damage on one of them, darn beetles I hate them. I spent every night for 2 weeks flicking them into a cup of soapy water.
    Where in Philly are you? I love the Mutter museum weird, neat stuff there. Not far down the block is the Railway terminal market, great food! and the oldest ice cream parlor in the world. Oh don't forget about Terror behind the walls haunted prison, scary....oooohhh.. Sorry I'm rambling on and on.
    Cheers!!!
    -Eric-

• thebutcher
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks all,

So far this year I think I have about 20 Hot pepper plants and 4 Bell pepper plants. The GoPro is very fun gona take one tonight probably, in that video I attached to a garden stake and was trying to get some different angles by putting it through the plants and turning it around. I got to much tim e on my hands lol. But I highly recomend getting one, they even can go down to 200ft of water dept.

People think I am nuts just liek your neighbors Eric lol when I go to the park and tie attach the camera to my custom pole and put in the river but cool shots under water of fish and landscape. But as far as the plants thanks for all the coments. I attached some photos I took yesterday, the top is a Yellow Pequin, I am growing about 4 of them I think. THe bottom is my bells which I put out front on the walkway, I have no more room for good lighting I am hoping people don't steal them.

Actuly I was originally going to put my Carbean Red Hot first to bait people and make it easier to steal so I can teach them a lesson, but I did not get it out in time so I will over winter it probably. The bells are the Burpee Rainbow Mix. And Eric..I am in Bucks County Eric, about 25 min north of center city right near Sesame Place About 5 min from Nj.

Sponsored