More

• scott123456
    Original Author
    9 years ago

More

• scott123456
    Original Author
    9 years ago

More all need fertilized but it's been raining non stop for days.

• scorion1
    9 years ago

Nice load of peppers you got there.I feel you pain about the rain.It has been raining heavy here too.

• kentishman
    9 years ago

Nice work Scott!

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

Nice!

Are those yellow fataliis in the first batch?

Dennis

• flipback23
    9 years ago

Nice.....

• scott123456
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone! Dennis, yes yellow fatalis and the second batch as well, along with yellow brain strains and a yellow 7 pot unknown. No yellow bhuts yet.

• peppernovice
    9 years ago

Beautiful peppers. Those yellow fatalis really look good. The last fatali I grew only had pods half that size.

Tim

• sandysgardens
    9 years ago

Great Peppers Scott, thanks for sharing. I've got a lot of green peppers and a few ripening here and there, so can't wait till my pepper rip ship comes in.

What are your plans with your pepper bounty?

Sandy

• User
    9 years ago

Great looking pods! Those fatalis are huge÷
    Randal

• mvr2014
    9 years ago

How many gallons/liters are your pots?

• judo_and_peppers
    9 years ago

keep up the good work. I foresee lots of spicy food in your future.

• scott123456
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone I appreciate it!

Sandy, I am going to make sauce with this batch. Jellies, powder, ferment, and pickled pepper in the future.

MVR, the pots are all different sizes. If I had to guess, up on the deck I think they are 2, 3, and 4 gallon pots. On the ground the white ones are probably 10-12 gallons and the brick colored ones are a little over 5 gallons but they only have 5-6 gallons worth of mix in them. I think in general bigger is better for the plant, but this set up works for me. It seems to stagger when plants fruit and when the fruit ripen, with the biggest pots taking the longest, but bearing the most fruit. I have a shorter grow season and this gives me ripe peppers consistently throughout (until the end when I get a ton). Plus, itâÂÂs a lot cheaper to fill the pots and saves me a lot of space. In the bigger pots the plants seem to get much bigger but that depends on the variety. For example, my Brain strains in the smaller pots out grow my sante fe or cayenneâÂÂs in the bigger pots without a problem. I donâÂÂt bother putting habs in a larger pot, they do just fine in the smaller ones.

One thing I am noticing this year is that the size and shape of the pods also seem to be different depending on pot size. Anyone experience this?

Thanks again everyone,
    Scott

• Orekoc
    9 years ago

Scott, will you have seed from that yellow fatalis to share this fall? If so, please don't forget me.

A side note, all your plants look great. I hope to do that well some day. How many do you have in pots? How often do you water them? Finally, what type of soil are they planted in?

Thanks

• scott123456
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Orekoc, Thank you for the compliments! Yes I will have some seeds. PM me your address and I can send you some ASAP. I have around 33 plants. I water a couple times a week unless it rains (it has been raining a lot). The smaller pots need it more often than the larger ones. As far as the potting mix goes, I mixed up my own as an experiment. It was something like 4 bags MG potting mix, 3 bags of some cheap potting mix I found and big lots ( I donâÂÂt think I can recommend it), a metric **** ton of perlite ( why donâÂÂt they sell bigger bags? seriously), some vermiculite, a bag of biotone, some gypsum, osmocote all purpose, ummm dolomite lime, worm casting ( just cause I had some layin around) and sulfur I think. I hit them with Epsom salt once this year and have used smokemasterâÂÂs witchesâ brew twice. I fertilize with MG all purpose every other week (except when I want the soil to dry out, did I mention its been a cold and rainy summer?).

In my opinion, its all about the early start

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County