Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ghost Peppers (Bhut Jolakia)

Posted by HillSeeker none (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 30, 12 at 13:47

Hi, I'm new to post in the forum but it has provided me with some pretty amazing recipes, tips and knowledge in regards to growing hot peppers. I'm growing several different types of habaneros as well as Ghost Peppers and one Chocolate Ghost Pepper. I have hundreds and wanted to start experimenting with sauces, rubs, marinades, condiments, pickling etc. Do you have any recipes to share that would work well for peppers that hot? I've found several of this forum's recipes tried and true so hoping a few of you out there can give me some good ideas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ghost Peppers (Bhut Jolakia)

Good looking pods.

First ingredients of any super-hot recipe: goggles, rubber gloves. Respirator optional.

My fataliis don't qualify as super-hots, so I have no experience of cooking with super-hots. That will change soon, I trust. (Yay, Canada!)

o

Here is a link that will give you more recipes than you will ever create. You can substitute any pepper for most of the recipes.

Here is a link that might be useful: hot recipes

o

I make infused vodka with mine.

o

Vodka takes up the heat *very* well. Jalapenos has been quite enough for me!

But hmmmm. I haven't tried habs. I wonder if that great hab flavour transfers to the liquor? Okay, new project...

Btw, potato vodka r0olz!

o

I put a habanero in a 750ml / 1/5th of tequilla and make spicy margaritas with it. It's awesome!

o

I made a beer with habaneros thrown in, I was surprised how hot it was considering they were diluted into 42 pints. It burnt your throat and made your lips tingle.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here