Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bob_jackson_gw

Did I get a mixed up seed pack?

Bob.Jackson
9 years ago

Hi everyone,

After a bit of rough start, my Scorpion peppers are on their way to ripeness (a couple are just starting to turn red).

Of the 11 seeds I got in a pack, 6 survived (one pot has two plants in it). When the peppers began forming a few weeks ago, I noticed that some looked different than the others. Ironically it is the pot with two plants. One plant's peppers look like what I expected, and the other plant's are much longer and without the indented tail. (sorry for the blurry picture)

All of the peppers on the other plants look the same as the image with more round pepper.

What type of plant is this other one? The leaves on it look a bit less shiny than all of the other plants too, but it is a very small difference.

On another note, when my plants were tiny, one dropped all of its leaves except for one. The plant looked like a one-inch tall twig with a single leaf the sife of a sunflower seed. I was sure it would die. And now look at it! (it's still the smallest plant, but it's almost two feet tall). I isolated it to try to get seeds for next year, as I have multiple bell peppers around the corner.

Comments (4)