Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Peppers Parade

Posted by seysonn 7b WA/HZ 1 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 16:02

Here are some pictures of my papper plants.
Being my first year doing in this scale, not too bad. Plus our PNW weather does not push peppers. They are healthy and happy but not much pods. Sweet and mild ones are doing better.

here are some of them.
PEPERONCINI

photo shishito.jpg
top: LEMON DROP , bottom: SANGRIA
 photo sangia.jpg
SHISHITO
 photo shish.jpg
THAI HOT
 photo lemondrop.jpg
HHW
 photo p-1.jpg

RED HAB :has green pods, not seen
 photo redhab.jpg

This post was edited by seysonn on Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 23:10

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Peppers Parade

Nice peppers.

o

Looking good. You're going to have plenty of pods once those ripen!

Tim

o

Thanks Scorpion and Tim,
Lots of pods are hiding, especially under the foliage of red and orange Habs. I think I'll hav enogh for some sauce and powder.

O, BTW my Manzano is setting more mods now. It has about 4 big ones but more is on the way. Thanks to you , Tim.

o

Good work!

The shape and pendulous habit of the HHW doesn't look right to me.

Josh

o

• Posted by Drew51 5b/6a SE MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 14, 14 at 23:33

The Lemon Drop seems to have different leaves than mine. i know various posts have questioned what is Limon, what is Lemon, etc. I got mine from trade winds.
Well a little different. I don't have any recent photos. This was taken a couple weeks ago. I have harvested about 10 pods, with about 40 more on the plant. Some hang down, some point upward.
Aji Lemon Drop 2014 07 14 photo 012.jpg

photo 011-4.jpg

o

Josh, Dennis
I bought both my Lemon Drop and HHW(shown in picture) from Fred Meyers. Maybe mistaken tags ?
I should find out in a couple of weeks when/if they get color. I also thought that HHW should have more of yellow pods . Hmm

o

Nice job seysonn. .

Kevin

o

Thanks Kevin

I know my plants are cramped in smaller pots. But that is not the reason for poor performance. Our weather really start warming up by July and that is when peppers start moving. August is ok too but by September it get cool again. That is fine with sweet/mild peppers bu not good for the hots. I have a Manzano, that did not take the july heat (Blossom drop) and now that is cooling off, it is setting fruits all of a sudden. Or my Bishop's Crown is just budding and yet it is the tallest. I am not holding my breath on that one.
My best performers are Shishito, Pepperoncini, Thai, Jalapeno, HHW and now lemon Drop.
Habaneros setting fruits too. Those are my hottest. I guess I will make St. Patrick green hot sauce. LOL.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here