Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seysonn

My Peppers Parade

seysonn
9 years ago

Here are some pictures of my papper plants.
Being my first year doing in this scale, not too bad. Plus our PNW weather does not push peppers. They are healthy and happy but not much pods. Sweet and mild ones are doing better.

here are some of them.
PEPERONCINI

top: LEMON DROP , bottom: SANGRIA

SHISHITO

THAI HOT

HHW

RED HAB :has green pods, not seen

This post was edited by seysonn on Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 23:10

Comments (8)

• scorion1
    9 years ago

Nice peppers.

• peppernovice
    9 years ago

Looking good. You're going to have plenty of pods once those ripen!

Tim

• seysonn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Scorpion and Tim,
    Lots of pods are hiding, especially under the foliage of red and orange Habs. I think I'll hav enogh for some sauce and powder.

O, BTW my Manzano is setting more mods now. It has about 4 big ones but more is on the way. Thanks to you , Tim.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Good work!

The shape and pendulous habit of the HHW doesn't look right to me.

Josh

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    9 years ago

The Lemon Drop seems to have different leaves than mine. i know various posts have questioned what is Limon, what is Lemon, etc. I got mine from trade winds.
    Well a little different. I don't have any recent photos. This was taken a couple weeks ago. I have harvested about 10 pods, with about 40 more on the plant. Some hang down, some point upward.

• seysonn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Josh, Dennis
    I bought both my Lemon Drop and HHW(shown in picture) from Fred Meyers. Maybe mistaken tags ?
    I should find out in a couple of weeks when/if they get color. I also thought that HHW should have more of yellow pods . Hmm

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    9 years ago

Nice job seysonn. .

Kevin

• seysonn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Kevin

I know my plants are cramped in smaller pots. But that is not the reason for poor performance. Our weather really start warming up by July and that is when peppers start moving. August is ok too but by September it get cool again. That is fine with sweet/mild peppers bu not good for the hots. I have a Manzano, that did not take the july heat (Blossom drop) and now that is cooling off, it is setting fruits all of a sudden. Or my Bishop's Crown is just budding and yet it is the tallest. I am not holding my breath on that one.
    My best performers are Shishito, Pepperoncini, Thai, Jalapeno, HHW and now lemon Drop.
    Habaneros setting fruits too. Those are my hottest. I guess I will make St. Patrick green hot sauce. LOL.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner